1 2 3 4 ... 179
N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
5/2/13 10:25 a.m.

In reply to Conquest351:

Then we shall play togezer. I'll teach you how to buckle up, too.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
5/2/13 10:33 a.m.

So, I've never played any of the Saints Row games.

Should I pick up 3 while we wait for GTAV to come out?

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
5/2/13 10:34 a.m.
z31maniac wrote: So, I've never played any of the Saints Row games. Should I pick up 3 while we wait for GTAV to come out?

I'd say yes. Driving sucks, but the gameplay is hilarious and awesome.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
5/2/13 10:35 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: In reply to Conquest351: Then we shall play togezer. I'll teach you how to buckle up, too.

I know how to buckle up. LOL We shall play together. I have super slow laggy interwebz, so bare with me.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/2/13 10:56 a.m.
z31maniac wrote: So, I've never played any of the Saints Row games. Should I pick up 3 while we wait for GTAV to come out?

A big hellz yes. It's a SLOW starter. If you can get past the first couple hours, it gets progressively better. Make sure you're always stocked up on grenades, rockets, and air-strikes. Busting up gangs is my favorite E36 M3.

The game is pretty small and short. Nowhere near as "big" feeling as the GTA games, and not based on any particular city. Still lots of fun though, not super expensive used, and will still be worth a few bucks when you're done with it.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/2/13 2:50 p.m.

San Andreas came out during my last semester of undergrad. I was going to school full-time and working 30 hours a week in a restaurant where I had worked for four years. Two weeks before teh game came out, I walked into work and told my managers I was quitting.

"Why?"

"Video Games."

After they stopped laughing they saw I was serious. The game came out and I played it like it was my job for a month and a half, beat it, got bored, then went back in and asked for my job back.

"Why?"

"Beat the game."

They didn't laugh that time, but they did give me my job back.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/2/13 4:11 p.m.

Yeah. I would often play for hours right up till I had to go deliver pizzas. This was usually a really bad idea.

failboat
failboat SuperDork
5/2/13 5:23 p.m.

saints row games are pretty good. I had 1, I only have 2 now. havent played 3 or 4. I agree the driving physics are a joke, but a lot of the side missions/games are hilarious. like insurance fraud.

while we are talkin free roam combat games....crackdown was pretty great. I never played 2, but recently picked up 1 again.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
5/2/13 5:28 p.m.

Yes.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/2/13 5:43 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
A big hellz yes. It's a SLOW starter. If you can get past the first couple hours, it gets progressively better. Make sure you're always stocked up on grenades, rockets, and air-strikes. Busting up gangs is my favorite E36 M3. The game is pretty small and short. Nowhere near as "big" feeling as the GTA games, and not based on any particular city. Still lots of fun though, not super expensive used, and will still be worth a few bucks when you're done with it.

I bought SR3 the day it released. I had played it through TWICE a week later. It's that damn funny/good. Worth every penny.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/2/13 5:44 p.m.
failboat wrote: saints row games are pretty good. I had 1, I only have 2 now. havent played 3 or 4. I agree the driving physics are a joke, but a lot of the side missions/games are hilarious. like insurance fraud. while we are talkin free roam combat games....crackdown was pretty great. I never played 2, but recently picked up 1 again.

Crackdown 2 was kind of a letdown compared to 1. 1 was a LOT harder IMO, and the acheivements felt less.... hollow. If you liked 1, you'll like 2.... it's just not quite as good.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/2/13 5:51 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Yeah. I would often play for hours right up till I had to go deliver pizzas. This was usually a really bad idea.

Did you ever see an Astro on the road and subconsiously think it was a Moonbeam? I know I did.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
5/2/13 6:20 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Yeah. I would often play for hours right up till I had to go deliver pizzas. This was usually a really bad idea.
Did you ever see an Astro on the road and subconsiously think it was a Moonbeam? I know I did.

Lol. When I finally get the CRX done, I figure "BLISTA" would be a rad tag, assuming no one else has done it.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/2/13 6:29 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
mndsm wrote:
Lol. When I finally get the CRX done, I figure "BLISTA" would be a rad tag, assuming no one else has done it.

excellent choice sir. Very few will get it, those that do, will love it.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/2/13 10:03 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: There's a new trailer on xbox. Apparently you'll have a choice of 3 characters; an "Aging Tony Soprano" type, a "South Central LA" type, and a "Hillbilly Crank Hustler" type. It looks berkeleying good. I am stoked. GTA San Andreas is on my top 3 of all time list.

i have been patiently waiting with my pre purchased card hanging on the fridge since november. can't wait.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
5/3/13 3:10 p.m.

New trailer and pix out fellaz...

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/3/13 3:33 p.m.

That looks phenomenal. Am I alone in having watched that and found all sorts of devious things I want to do that have NOTHING to do with the game? Pretty sure I'm going to make a train and an 18 wheeler meet.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
5/3/13 5:22 p.m.
mndsm wrote: That looks phenomenal. Am I alone in having watched that and found all sorts of devious things I want to do that have NOTHING to do with the game? Pretty sure I'm going to make a train and an 18 wheeler meet.

Hell yes. Hell. YES. That is my favorite part of GTA and Saints Row. Doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I'll ride around and blow stuff up. I will get a helicopter, go to the top of a building and start sniping everything that moves. Wait for the cops and blow the choppers out of the sky. Once I get bored, hop in the chopper and change locations. Repeat until daily grind BS has faded away.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/3/13 5:36 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote:
mndsm wrote: That looks phenomenal. Am I alone in having watched that and found all sorts of devious things I want to do that have NOTHING to do with the game? Pretty sure I'm going to make a train and an 18 wheeler meet.
Hell yes. Hell. YES. That is my favorite part of GTA and Saints Row. Doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I'll ride around and blow stuff up. I will get a helicopter, go to the top of a building and start sniping everything that moves. Wait for the cops and blow the choppers out of the sky. Once I get bored, hop in the chopper and change locations. Repeat until daily grind BS has faded away.

Yup. I would assume that's why 90% of us love these games...though I will say, personally, it's 10X moar fun on GTA than Saints Row.

failboat
failboat SuperDork
5/3/13 5:41 p.m.

i just watched all their trailers. this game looks soo good. not that i wasnt expecting that. this might be the 1 game I preorder this year.

as for "not playing the game" on gta4 i liked getting a 4wd truck and finding rough/steep terrain to climb around on. central park and the outskirts of the islands were the best areas. also there is a certain walkway along the water that has..umm..heavy foot traffic, and its difficult for police to get to, and you can just take a truck or SUV back and forth at speed. carnage like crazy. like so much that the game lags. and the police pretty much cant get to you.

Also i liked going bowling with Roman. Or not.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/3/13 5:48 p.m.

Well damn. I might have to pull out GTA IV tonight. Beats the living berkeley out of watching mama play "minecraft." Seriously. What the berkeley.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
5/3/13 6:06 p.m.

Shiny happy dudes! I just got back from GameStop. Picked up a used copy of GTA IV Complete Edition. I haven't played GTA since Vice City. Well, San Andreas, but I didn't get deep into that one.

failboat
failboat SuperDork
5/3/13 6:14 p.m.

i assume that means you got the extra dlc packs. the biker one is pretty cool, i forget what its called.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
5/3/13 6:26 p.m.

In reply to failboat: Yeah, includes "the Lost and Damned" and The Ballad of Gay Tony". I'm starting with IV.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
5/3/13 6:47 p.m.

Yep, getting excited for this one. I might have to go pick up the complete edition to tide me over.

1 2 3 4 ... 179

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k96z2dVyBY1hzgFtsDUSc2QUO7eYtOOB2NHMFwoLuTcvkK8XjViXDqp87qAmiSzb