racerfink
racerfink UberDork
4/28/23 4:08 p.m.

Ten million credits is nice for when the test cars come up in the used car lots.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/23 5:02 p.m.

I had it out about two years ago :) And now I want to play it again...

I seem to recall there was something else that could get you lots of money, but it's been 20 years.

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
4/28/23 5:57 p.m.

I have 3,907 days and 559 cars from my original save, but my friend's son just downloaded an emulator for his computer and started in on this game a few weeks ago.  Made me pull mine out to see if it still worked, and this popped up in my YT feed the next day.

I'm at 99.8%, just need to pass Mission 34 to do that.  Four Silvers  in my Super license to clean up and I'll have all Golds, then maybe try to max out my B Spec driver.

Looking through my garage, I have a LOT of Miatas... 19 to be exact, with six of them first year editions

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
4/28/23 6:01 p.m.

Hmmm...  just noticed two of them are 2004 1600 NR-A, listed at 124hp stock.  

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
4/29/23 1:59 a.m.

Time to dust off the old PS2!!

Thanks for sharing this!

chief8one
chief8one Reader
4/30/23 8:29 p.m.

How in the hell would anyone ever find these cheats?!?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/30/23 9:18 p.m.

My guess would be they did some sort of search through the code.  They are obviously useful shortcuts for the developers / testers, but it seems strange they would leak out from them after so much time.

I always wondered how they found the combination for arcade games like Mortal Combat.  There is almost NO way would find most of those by just experimenting, and there are a lot of them.

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
5/1/23 11:57 a.m.

More than likely, with the use of emulators so that you can run GT4 on your computer with MUCH better graphics, some kid looked through the code with their PC and found them.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DpzJXomTPFbCD1ox8TAvPcCTun1xFBw9q8PrT7N6Wrm45ogr1r4eOIlc6GWWO8lh