aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/26/23 10:05 p.m.

I mean, who isn't....   surprise

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
2/27/23 9:59 a.m.

OK, the subject of this thread captured my attention. I'm not sure what this game's about. Is it about fighting aliens with a station wagon or more about upgrading a station wagon to fight aliens? The latter seems right up our alley here on the forums, though. :-)

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
2/27/23 10:49 a.m.

I'm in.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/27/23 3:41 p.m.

I've been waiting on this one. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/23 2:34 p.m.

Looks kind of like STALKER with car-modding instead of gun-modding, and way more comedy laugh

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/23 4:53 p.m.

Yup. Going to get that one. 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/23 11:39 p.m.

Looks interesting, thanks!

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
5/16/23 8:04 a.m.

Well, I wasn't but that looks neat!

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
5/16/23 8:10 a.m.

Belongs in the Station Wagon thread?

Racebrick
Racebrick HalfDork
1/14/24 8:11 p.m.

We have a release date!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/14/24 8:12 p.m.

This is my GOTY. I am VERY much anticipating this. Been on it since it first broke cover last year. 

ETA- don't mind me. I'm getting out of what is purportedly Covid (Can't confirm, didn't bother with a test but SWMBO popped hot and I felt like E36 M3 so....)  and this is the first time I've sat in front of a PC in three days. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/19/24 12:15 p.m.

Three days. Physical deluxe edition for those of us still in console world. With the death of skull and bones, this is my 2024 game. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/21/24 6:00 p.m.

Tomorrow. I was getting ready to go get a physical copy at GameStop and realized THAT doesn't come out til April. 

So I bought it anyhow and bought a digital too. Good news is with PlayStation Plus - it made it so I'm still only paying $60 for both copies landed and I still get to play ASAP. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/22/24 3:19 p.m.

Aaaaand...

Wow. So much more than I anticipated. This game is HARD. 

It definitely was not designed for us console cavemen. The controls are a handful. You have to remember all sorts of unconventional E36 M3. Like...I left my car in gear, and shut it off. I did not engage the parking brake. It rolled away from me when I went to go get items. You need to be conscious of fuel, tires, panel condition, headlights.... it's intense. All of your tools have wear. Scavenging is the real deal. 

I haven't gotten too much into the story to know what's really going on. I've completed one mission. In that time frame I died once, my car was kidnapped once with me in it, once with me NOT in it (some weird space robot picked the damn thing up and hucked it off in the woods because it could). Each run appears to be randomized to an extent- I did the same run twice and the loot was different both times in terms of what I found and where. The basics were the same. Only the second time did I find the weird robot that was stealing my car. 

Overall, I think once I manage to get the hang of it, I'm going to really enjoy it. I enjoy rogue like games, and weird possessed cars seems to be the right answer. It's getting used to the games quirks that's proving the hardest for me. 

Racebrick
Racebrick HalfDork
2/22/24 3:37 p.m.

I pre-ordered, and played today for about an hour. Way too much crafting for me, and I didn't enjoy it. Not sure what I was expecting, but I guess it wasn't this.

๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†
๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ† MegaDork
2/22/24 3:39 p.m.
Racebrick said:

I pre-ordered, and played today for about an hour. Way too much crafting for me, and I didn't enjoy it. Not sure what I was expecting, but I guess it wasn't this.

Glad to see this review.  Crafting and scavenging is not my thing and I've fallen into that trap too many times.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/22/24 5:26 p.m.

In reply to ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ† :

There is a lot of crafting. That doesn't bug me all that much (my last big time suck was pal world) but if it's not a you thing this may not be your jam. 

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/22/24 8:16 p.m.

I bought it and downloaded it this morning. getting ready to play it shortly. Edit: I played for a couple of hours last night. Note that crafting in games for me is not a put off. Slightly buggy but nothing that stops the game. The developers don't think much of people that have lives outside of games. That means that you can't just save the game anytime and move on with your life, if you have to quit where its not saved you just have to redo all that you have already done. I knew this going into the game so I was prepared for it but its going to get really annoying as I progress further. maybe they will patch that later on when enough people complain. I'll deal with it, but if thats a no go for you, you have been warned. Beyond that, it's a clever game. Looking forward to playing more.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/25/24 6:05 p.m.

After a few hours, many frustrated moments, a couple deaths....im beginning to understand. 

I even got a big milestone today, all my panels are STEEL and not crude! And my car is painted fancy. This is definitely a long haul game, and reading is fundamental. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/3/24 6:31 p.m.

Just crossed 40 hours. Am at the mission to the deep zone. Car is pretty pimpin at this point. Have a pretty good grasp on the stuff that needs to happen. This game has its faults, but I am very happy with it. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/4/24 12:10 a.m.

Picture of "pretty pimpin" car needed.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/6/24 2:35 p.m.

as she rolled in from the final story mission. The flames were a one mission only paint job- I ended up going with Winnebago stripes not too long after this. 

Of note - this is not end game gear. Apparently there's still two levels of armor better than what I had here. Apparently though armor bonuses stack, so the idea of mixing and matching is the whole idea, hence having 3 kinds. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iCSbAkc7tnMqqFqWpIStKsQxC4IHkJjBayXdMCCSqUsINsSETsyBh6YxrOs62hKj