1 ... 3 4 5
T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
10/30/19 7:10 a.m.

I found it eventually after a lot of searching. It is on Twitch on one of the many similarly named Logitech channels. It is almost like they don't want anyone to watch. Seems like a terrible job promoting the competition overall from Logitech.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/10/19 1:05 p.m.

Watching the European finals that were streamed yesterday. Different format than the North America competition. 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/506072540

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/17/19 12:44 p.m.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/509369627

Here is the World final. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/20/19 8:16 a.m.

Was fairly entertaining to watch, but the announcer that is not Actrollvision/Luke even after streaming at least 9 previous races, still has no idea about racing. Still refers to qualifying as a time trial...which I guess technically it is, but who says that? He also refers to the different tracks as 'maps' several times (as in race number 3 is on a new map, so maybe we'll see a shake up in the time trial.)

They had a 'celebrity race' in the middle of the real races. They set a pretty low bar for what constitutes a celebrity.

The strangest thing is that the Latin America qualifying events, they didn't even use Project Cars 2. That doesn't seem all that fair to the guys who made it to the finals having to race on a new to them game. I'm guessing they practiced, but I doubt they were able to show their true pace due to not being as familiar with the game as the others.

[Spoiler alert]

Operator is crazy fast, but not nearly the fastest. Bunch of aliens.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
11/20/19 1:46 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Agreed on all points, but what killed me the most was Luke constantly mispronouncing "kimchi" as "kimeechi" for the duration. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
11/20/19 2:08 p.m.

Oh, and for kicks after watching I ran a qualifying session at Hockenheim with the same settings as they used for the competition. I gave myself an extra 5 minutes since it has been a few weeks since I last drove the car but man are the top guys stupidly fast. I set a time that I think was 1.8s faster than my quali time from the first race there and was still 1.2s off their pole time. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/20/19 2:53 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

Kah-ME-chee pancake....lol. That was funny every time. I noticed when Luke was off trying to organize the reverse grid, the other guy said it correctly and it sounded strange.

Yeah, they are crazy fast. I also noticed how much controlled sliding seems to be needed to be fast. Isaac especially nearly drifts around every corner. The car control to pull that off every corner and every lap is nuts.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fULZxBmVYtoE1JeGS1RxwH61mf1N0MjzRrIH7hEcMZR4dqVpcO9M55uitObVzAdv