Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
12/29/22 1:59 p.m.

Well after holding out on a upgraded console since PS3 came out nearly 17 years ago. I finally bit the bullet and bought a PS5 for the kids just in time for Christmas. They are having a blast with it and has been playing with it quite a lot. It's hard to get them to share the time spent on it. (I can't believe there aren't many split screen games for it). Anyway, the brand new console is running out of memory. I was afraid this was going to happen and I was hoping that having the disc version would save that space but no. Downloads are cheaper than having the actual disc. Granted I think it proves the point that having game disc is better for that reason alone. Well too late for that. Looking into getting a internal SSD or external SSD. The information on the internet is mind boggling and actually quite confusing. Now I have come to you all, of GRM, to provide me with the best choice. Which SSD method is best and what should I go with it? My 13 year old son thinks it should be a external SSD. My 14 year old daughter thinks it should be internal for faster convenience. Is it really that noticeable between the two? Prices are all over the place for either. I do think at this point it might be best to have a 4TB versus 1TB given that I have 3 kids playing on it and they all have different gaming interest. So what says the GRM hive?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/29/22 2:20 p.m.

I'm not a fan of opening consoles and voiding warranties - I'd go external. 

Western digital has been my go to for a long, long time- wd black p50 is probably what I'd go with. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3tq6TFzNau2eTGRFHw4XLNMomwGaC7lIMid9jTLPPVlu83bo2y2Q44vuBtVdWdjn