infinitenexus
infinitenexus Dork
5/27/22 3:00 p.m.

After wanting one for probably 6-7 years, I finally broke down and bought a steering wheel for the XBOX. I guess I didn't put a ton of thought into where it would go, as just setting it on the padded storage bench thingy in front of the couch is a pretty horrible solution. 

Where do you guys mount yours? This would go in front of the couch, something to hold the steering wheel in a somewhat usable position, bonus points if I can mount the pedals there as well. The bottom of the wheel has a clamp on it. Think I can make something functional out of PVC pipes? I'd rather not spend a ton, as I only play once every two or four weeks.

mainlandboy
mainlandboy Reader
5/28/22 1:00 a.m.

I've been happy with my Wheel Stand Pro

https://wheelstandpro.us/

michaeldeng
michaeldeng New Reader
7/26/22 12:29 a.m.

I had a wheel stand but I sold it and just mount my wheel to my heavy duty desk, works like a charm for me (my desk is customizable height).

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/5/22 10:39 a.m.

My online pictures got lost , but I used to use a workstand like this:

RIDGID Flip Top Portable Work Support

The near leg tucks back neatly under my IKEA Poang chair.  I made a sloped pedal base out of an old shelf with a piece of 2x6 for a foot.  That attached to the far leg with a pair of U-bolts.  The whole contraption was pretty solid and folds up relatively small for storage.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
8/5/22 10:47 a.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FP3cYZLzai8Zqo3T2zEv7kIjTuvxwAZzhlWxR8dxfFDI1nDZSOZJUpqyuWGFIIOc