Petrolburner
Petrolburner HalfDork
6/8/15 12:13 a.m.

I was 6 years old when this thing left the dealership. I thought these were the coolest bikes and I wanted one like no other. Fast forward 24 years and I still wanted one. They're getting harder to find, especially in decent shape. They were so reliable, most owners just rode them without any thought to maintenance. I picked mine up from a collector, he had 9 of them. 6 were runners and 3 were kept as donors. Guy had 30 jet skis, probably 20 snowmobiles and a bunch of other cool E36 M3 at his cabin. I got a pretty fair price on this one considering the condition. The plastic isn't broken to pieces, it has a newer rear tire, a new battery, and it even had the factory toolkit and owners manual. I'm going to change the transmission oil and tighten the chain before I ride it too much. I'd like to pick up a set of sticky street tires for it and go race around the MAC go kart track against the Portlanders on their mopeds.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/8/15 12:44 a.m.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/8/15 7:01 a.m.

Great pit bike and a bike that was very much misunderstood.

Awesome little machines, I always wanted to put street tires and wheels on one and make it a road racer.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner HalfDork
6/8/15 10:19 a.m.

I think the suspension is totally under sprung and under damped for anything high speed. Scooter tires are pretty cheap though so I'll definitely get a set for it. I wish there was a place to practice on pavement in central Oregon. Really needs a license plate.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner HalfDork
6/12/15 6:42 p.m.

A set of Michelins was only $85

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/12/15 7:03 p.m.

Oh man! I thought I was one of the few guys that remember these bikes.

I good friend of mine bought one new and I used to trade him my Honda Dax (know that one?) for the day on a regular basis. It was a fun little bike, especially on sand.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UberDork
6/12/15 7:31 p.m.

There was an EZ 90 on the Philly CL last week. The listing was gone in less than a day.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner HalfDork
6/14/15 11:57 a.m.

Took the Cub to my buddy's ranch the other day and we all took turns riding it. Goofy little bike that is just inexplicably fun. I have an occasional no start issue. Likely a bad connection somewhere. Hold the brake and hit the starter button and nothing happens, bounce the bike while holding the starter and it cranks up.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner HalfDork
6/14/15 2:10 p.m.
Slippery wrote: Oh man! I thought I was one of the few guys that remember these bikes. I good friend of mine bought one new and I used to trade him my Honda Dax (know that one?) for the day on a regular basis. It was a fun little bike, especially on sand.

I had to look that one up. Basically a CT70 in Europe right? Wiki says they were all called the CT70 in the US and Canada, how did you get a Dax?

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UltraDork
6/15/15 1:57 p.m.

I saw two this weekend at the New England National's at Epping drag strip! Had not seen one in years in person.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner HalfDork
3/31/16 10:45 a.m.

Just hangin' out in the magazine with Magnus Walker. No big deal really...

84FSP
84FSP HalfDork
3/31/16 7:09 p.m.

Very cool - we had a ct90 around the house as a kid until the day mom and dad realized we found the switch to move it to high range. My bro blew past mom in traffic and that was the end of that beast at our house.

e23inGB
e23inGB New Reader
4/1/16 4:43 p.m.

Those are super awesome! Road America seems to have a fleet of them that the track workers putt around on.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t9DslChHrMZoCAvSne9GIuvoKDttwcYTA1K0BLGiNkyS0YsfDTcSflio7wxPatxC