Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
7/12/20 11:13 p.m.

I made a little video this morning to compare some new Milwaukee tools I purchased.  I've been wanting to do some instructional type videos like this for the past couple years and finally decided to just do it.  You gotta start somewhere.  I was actually caught off guard by how well the small 12v stuff did.  I expected it to struggle more.  Feel free to critic the video or ask questions about the tools.

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy HalfDork
7/21/20 12:17 a.m.

Well I learned something new. I’ve got four Milwaukee impacts. An old M12, way before Fuel, pretty sure it’s a first gen. An old pre Fuel M18 with the hex chuck, and a newer Fuel version of the same. Last one looks to be the same Fuel 1/2” mid torque from your video. I never bothered to try anything but the 1/2” on lug nuts or bigger, I just assumed they wouldn’t be up to the task. Tried them out tonight, no problem for any of the M18’s. Too much for the old M12, I don’t think that was rated for more than around 40 ftlbs. I tried them all on small 2.0ah batteries, but I don’t thing it should make much difference. The larger batteries should put out the same power, just for much longer. 

Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
7/21/20 3:34 p.m.

In reply to Boost_Crazy :

I'm glad you got something out of it.  I'm thinking about doing a part 2 with truck lug nuts for a little bit more of a test.

Chuck McAbee
Chuck McAbee New Reader
9/25/20 11:44 p.m.
Patientzero said:

In reply to Boost_Crazy :

I'm glad you got something out of it.  I'm thinking about doing a part 2 with truck lug nuts for a little bit more of a test.

Check 'Project Farm' on YouTube for some testing procedures

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R9BNkUwcbOYErlGRhEHMQBDkavbRpZhl8nepNgmKS42aO5Bl0LbmPeAhp84mw8xS