John Brown (Forum Supporter)
John Brown (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/20 7:03 p.m.

Mrs. Mofo and I have an agreement that she gets to take a vacation every year that is not car related and is to a place that SHE approves of. We've done Washington D.C., Norther Lower Peninsula Michigan, Black Hills/Badlands/Yosemite/Grand Canyon in previous years. This year we are doing a two'fer. This week we are in the beautiful burrough of Jim Thorpe, PA (or Much Chunk for you olde tymers) and in two weeks we will be in Sieverville, TN. 

Let me tell you that the scenery here in Jim Thorpe is perfectly matched to the wonders of the Yeungling that flows freely around these parts. 

I am looking forward to a relaxing week here with quick trips to New York City and Philadelphia. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/9/20 7:14 p.m.

No vacation for the 310 family.  Our plan was college visits but those became rare and with commissions down due to business hurting this year we are counting our coins carefully.  

No family vacation for us this year. The last four years we visited my wife's stepdad in Maine. He had a cottage on the Isle of Springs. 

It was nice while it lasted, but Bob died this winter, we don't have any extra money for travel, and the kids have been taking on line classes all summer.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/11/20 9:05 a.m.

Parents now live 50% of their time on the lake, so we've been visiting them a lot this summer. Only 4 hours away, and the internet is better there than at home, so no complaints here. 

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/11/20 9:37 a.m.

No vacation for us this year. We were going to the Grand Tetons (planned it last fall) but bailed because of travel concerns.

Decided to spend the money on a whole house generator. Now that 25 named storms are on deck, potentially a great decision.

slantsix
slantsix Reader
8/13/20 2:15 p.m.

While you are in Jim Thorpe.. take the train tour and you are only ~ 1/2 hour from the pocono speedway.

Greg

John Brown (Forum Supporter)
John Brown (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/20 10:53 a.m.

In reply to slantsix :

The train has been quarantined until today, we are riding it tomorrow morning if we can get tickets.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IpXDpgAPtwxakPGTOj8PUKGc0wylDTG7ISyiJt3li5BQ0TkqGLkMlCNZRvrMuJgw