RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/9/19 7:52 p.m.

It's getting to be that time of year again, so I'm posting my usual open ended invitation to the kids party. 

Saturday June 1 at 4pm, rain or shine. 

Greensburg, PA, between Irwin and New Stanton turn pike exits if you're traveling through. 

No presents. BYOB and bring a chair. 

I most likely won't make you work on anything, but no promises. 

Smoking a pork butt and turning another one into ham from the pig I bought at the fair last summer, making a buttload of my chick fil a nuggets, and whatever I find at the butcher that looks good the week of will be going in the smoker or fryer as well. 

For a bonus, if you need firewood, there is no shortage available...

RevRico
5/25/19 9:58 p.m.

Well the wedding is over, so the party menu is finalized. In addition to the above:

Double cooked pork belly, smoked then deep fried

Corn bread (Plain, "deluxe", and spicy)

mac and cheese

Ghostpepper and Garlic Parmesan Brats

And if I find it, I think there is some lamb in the freezer

But seriously, come out, eat, swap some stories, check out the shop. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/25/19 11:06 p.m.

This must be the first time I've been disappointed that Kentucky isn't closer to Pennsylvania.

RevRico
5/25/19 11:07 p.m.

8 hours ish from your place. There's a spare bed. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/25/19 11:11 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I'd love to but the short notice 16 hour round trip gas money is tied up that weekend. 

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
5/26/19 6:40 a.m.

Man, why does PA have to be so big.  ~3 hours from us.  :-(

RevRico
5/31/19 12:06 p.m.

The pork course is smoking already. Much easier, and even more flavorful to smoke this the day before instead of getting up at 7 the day of. 

RevRico
6/1/19 10:49 a.m.

Today people, if you're in the area or passing through, drop me a line and I'll send you the address.

RevRico
6/1/19 9:33 p.m.

Umm Pinchvalve, fasted, redgt?, snailmont, any other locals, if you want leftovers let me know. Tons of ham and pork left. 

Today 25 people ate 6lbs of chicken nuggets, 4 pounds of ham, 4.5lbs of pulled pork, 2 9x9 trays of macaroni n cheese, the better part of 3 corn breads, and a whole 2 tiered my little pony cake (chocolate with cookie dough filling). 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
6/2/19 11:55 a.m.

Sat. was only day off this week n gotta work Sun., this schedule sucks. Hope Harleigh had a great B'day.

RevRico
6/2/19 2:47 p.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

She did, always does when people are giving her things. 

I'm just about due for a trip to Rural King in the next week or so, I'd be happy to drop off some pork for ya when I come through. 

RedGT
RedGT Dork
6/2/19 10:34 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

4 hours from me, but that sure does sound like a good pile of food!  I will be passing through on June 29 or 30 fwiw.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TlVuurixBtjhujuwBwMf6XwbDxK9Qmi3rfLhGY4N0bBsybNXTrro2VJdTxTvK7Tw