1 2 3 4
Zeitgeist
Zeitgeist Reader
3/30/19 5:01 p.m.

I signed up, paid and aranged for some lodging for the HRPT from Sparta KY until the last stop in Norwalk OH.  This is my first time doing the power tour and I am looking to see if anyone else is planning on going?  If so where are you coming from and where are you starting the tour at? 

I'll be coming from NW Ohio not far from the OH/IN border so not a bad drive from Ft Wayne and Norwalk the last 2 stops. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/30/19 10:08 p.m.

We’re probably going to do the last leg because norwalk is 40 minutes west of us.  I want to do the long haul but also we’re planning to take a car that’s been parked since the 70’s, so not a great recipe to drive ohio to North Carolina and back the roundabout way

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
3/31/19 8:36 a.m.

We will likely be hitting fort Wayne and Norwalk as well.  Plan was to pick it up in Indy but SWMBO thought Norwalk was on Saturday so she only took Thursday and Friday off.

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
4/1/19 5:03 p.m.

I'm signed up for the long haul.  Gotta get my butt in gear on the car upgrades.

Underpowered
Underpowered New Reader
5/17/19 12:10 p.m.

I'll be Joining up in Sparta to haul up to Indy this year,  Coming from the Northern KY area.  Figured it is this close (45 minutes from me to Sparta) might as well join up for the day,  Hopefully my build will be done in time to make it.     Plan on Long Hauling Next year.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
5/17/19 8:46 p.m.

Details on the event?  Might have the V ready...

Underpowered
Underpowered New Reader
5/17/19 8:51 p.m.
Patrick
5/19/19 6:13 p.m.

We currently have no cars ready 

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
5/21/19 12:38 p.m.

I am hitting the stop in Indianapolis. I was trying to get my Belvedere ready (per the build thread) but a change in my work schedule means that isn't going to happen, so I am bringing the RX7. I'll be in Indy from Tuesday night to Thursday mid-day.

Underpowered
Underpowered New Reader
5/22/19 8:33 p.m.

Official Routes have been posted on the Power tour site.    

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/29/19 6:31 a.m.

Indy-Kids #1 thru #4 will be with me as we attend the June 12th stop here in Indianapolis with the Jaaag.

I hope to see you all then for some pre-challenge drag practice runs!

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
5/29/19 6:54 a.m.

This is kind of on my bucket list. I'd love to hear all about your adventure doing it. Not sure if I could convince SWMBO to tag along or if I'd have to recruit a different copilot.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/29/19 8:09 a.m.

are we going to keep this thread live, for y'all to check-in with all y'alls' PowerTour shenanigans?

Zeitgeist
Zeitgeist Reader
5/29/19 6:20 p.m.
ultraclyde said:

This is kind of on my bucket list. I'd love to hear all about your adventure doing it. Not sure if I could convince SWMBO to tag along or if I'd have to recruit a different copilot.

I'm going alone as my co pilot fell through.  It's my first time so I am going regardless.  Got to check another one off the bucket list.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
5/29/19 6:38 p.m.

If you (or anyone else going) need any co pilot assistance along the way let us know.  I know I'll be following along from the sidelines so I'd be more than happy to look up where you should stop next.  I know I hate sitting at a rest stop trying to look stuff up on my phone.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
6/5/19 5:35 p.m.

It'll be here soon.  I'm getting excited to meet up with you guys.  (although it'll be just a one day event for me)  This will be my first experience with the Hot Rod Power Tour

Zeitgeist
Zeitgeist Reader
6/5/19 7:36 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

Thanks for the offer.

I will be in my Yellow 03 Zo6 with track decals on the drivers side B pillar and polished wheels.  If you see it stop by or leave a note where you are.  I'm leaving Monday AM to hit my airBNB in SE IN for the night.

Patrick
6/6/19 7:24 a.m.

We still have no cars ready and missing 2 weeks of work to injury have stacked my schedule against me.  

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
6/6/19 4:16 p.m.

Me and my dad are headed out tomorrow morning.  Unfortunately without the Cougar.   We’ll be driving a white Yukon Denali and enjoying our time together at a week of car events. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
6/6/19 7:13 p.m.

Passed all kinds of cool stuff heading toward Norwalk as I was driving the other way, is that where it’s rolling?

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
6/6/19 7:53 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

Nope, starting in nc?  Ending at summit next Friday.  Super summit starts tomorrow tho, maybe that's where they were headed.

Patrick
6/6/19 10:14 p.m.
Dead_Sled said:

In reply to chandler :

Nope, starting in nc?  Ending at summit next Friday.  Super summit starts tomorrow tho, maybe that's where they were headed.

Aw crap, I forgot about that.  

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
6/7/19 6:31 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Me too, just heard it on the radio the other day, I always think it's later in the year. 

Might run out Saturday since the weather looks good.  

chandler
chandler PowerDork
6/7/19 7:00 a.m.

Not sure how I missed this but Hudsonville is today in Findlay also

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
6/9/19 4:24 p.m.

Concord NC yesterday and Martinsville VA today. Tomorrow is  Bristol, VA.  Having a great time with my dad!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PbEWa94251wwSCXlS3X8630JepGuKXjr5Ojwm46CXwfZVhes8qr4ZnZrawRV9RoX