ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
10/4/19 9:11 a.m.

My maternal grandmother's family is having their first ever family reunion in Fairborn OH this Sunday, outside Dayton. My grandmother has been gone for a decade, but my mom is massively excited to go see all the aunts/uncles/cousins she grew up with. She is 70, and was determined to drive herself (in her '97 Mountaineer) if I hadn't been able to go.

Which means I'm picking her up at 7 AM tomorrow and we're staying at aunt Janice's (??) Saturday night in Fairborn. Reunion with a ton of poeple I've never met Sunday. Monday we're driving over to Indiana so I can see where she grew up, then headed back to Berea, KY to stay Monday night - Mom's college town. Then driving the remaining 7 hours home Tuesday, or more if we hit A-town at rush hour, which seems likely.

Mom and I get along great and it's been years since we've done anything with just the two of us. She's over the moon that I'm making this happen for her. I think it's going to be fun, at least the Mom-and-me part.

But good lord I'm not looking forward to all the driving. Been a long time since I put down 10 hours at the wheel. Luckily the pickup is comfortable for long miles if not particularly fuel efficient.

No real point to this post, just kind of grumping I guess. I keep alternating between excitement and dread.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
10/4/19 1:21 p.m.

Sounds like a fun adventure. If anything goes tits up while you're anywhere near Louisville, KY, shoot me a message on here. Don't forget the GRM Assist List too.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fLCR840R9iykErNRMpZAFr6YG8SxWS1H5fviGExAoC3ZeohbRPR4z0ycH3TyDPqq