misshift (Forum Supporter)
misshift (Forum Supporter) New Reader
2/6/21 3:27 p.m.

http://www.moultrieswapmeet.com/

Driving along through Tallahassee, FL  the other day with the classic rock turned up. Commercial for the Moultrie, GA automotive swap meet comes on. Two days, thousands of cars, thousands of vendors, thousands of parts, thousands of gear heads, sounds cool. 

Anyone ever been there? Is it mostly American muscle cars? Any road race stuff? Import car, BMW, stuff? Sounds like no matter what it would be worthy of going to check it out at least once.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/6/21 4:53 p.m.

In reply to misshift (Forum Supporter) :

I've been there. It's an excellent swap meet/ auction. 

Yes, it's heavy on American metal, but definitely not limited to muscle cars. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/6/21 5:23 p.m.

Used to live in Tallahassee, Dad and I would go to the Fall event every year once I got a car (it usually does it twice a year; in February and November, I think)

Its f'ing huge.  You could take both days and not see all of it (COVID Moultrie may be different, though.)  If you want something, its probably there or there will be a vendor that has it at their shop at home.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
2/6/21 6:45 p.m.

I've been and it was big and very good. Gotta really keep moving along to do it in one day.  Always lots of cool old vehicles in the car coral with pricing moves them out early. Those guys don't want to wait all day or take stuff home.

misshift (Forum Supporter)
misshift (Forum Supporter) New Reader
2/7/21 9:36 p.m.

Thanks for the info.  Sounds interesting and fun.  I understand that the event happens twice a year. Maybe I can attended this fall. 

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/7/21 10:32 p.m.

The Fall one is large because it is right before Turkey Trot in Daytona, so national vendors set up at Moultrie before going on to Daytona.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VXbfoPCSqojlNuzl4TtJDkw9dFNx5IZkJhOgLlu6qoSIihukdaWuRdk9Nwrei00Z