Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/22/23 9:33 p.m.

I'm apparently going to be at Radwood Charlotte next weekend, along with Wally, Michael Crawford, and old time grm member maroon92

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/22/23 10:27 p.m.

I think that means you will also be within about 1.5 hours of gridlife at cmp!

Patrick
3/23/23 7:09 p.m.

probably, but we're getting in late friday, staying out by michael crawford, then heading to hendrick in the morning for radwood then heading back north afterward. 

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/23/23 7:21 p.m.

I am planning to be there too

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/23/23 7:56 p.m.

So, we need to coordinate a grm get together there. Not sure how, as i have never been to radwood....

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/23/23 8:00 p.m.

I might attend if the weather is good. Looks like a little over 3 hours each way, so not too horrible for a day trip.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/23 12:13 a.m.

Dangit, the concentration of GRMers is making me consider driving three hours. At least. More if traffic is bad, and traffic is always bad.

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/24/23 7:40 a.m.

Wish they had one closer to the NoVa/WV area.  I think Ohio is the closest I've seen.

Patrick
3/24/23 8:09 a.m.

In reply to Placemotorsports :

They're doing philly and detroit this year, cleveland was last year. 

Skyline is staying home, not doing 8+ hours each way at 4000rpm. Bringing Bradley's 996 I believe 

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/1/23 9:00 a.m.

Not going to make Charlotte. Rain has kept me away...

Dusterbd13-michael
4/1/23 9:45 a.m.

Myself and maroon 92 are here in the ACR.

Patrick
4/3/23 7:47 a.m.

I needed that. Good time after the rain cleared up. Casualty: 1 umbrella

Dusterbd13-michael
4/3/23 7:54 a.m.

Best car show ive been to in years. 

Patrick
4/3/23 10:20 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

such a non stuffy vibe. so different from what I'm used to in a very very good and welcome way. Kudos to the team who created Radwood and kudos to Hagerty for keeping the vibe and injecting some cash into it so events could be scheduled far enough in advance to make it easier to plan for. 

my only sad for the weekend aside of not enough sleep was I could have had the only Skyline there, but the ride back in Brad's 911 was much more pleasant 2500-2800rpm in 6th cruise than my car screaming 4000+rpm in 5th with basically no muffling besides the turbos would have been. Also, not dying in the wet on much more rain friendly tires than I run

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
4/3/23 2:31 p.m.

I had a friend that attended. They took a Fiero with a 3.4l swap. Looked like there was some really cool stuff there.

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/3/23 2:51 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Philly is about 3 1/2 hours away, that might be doable. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/23 7:42 p.m.

Just found this thread, thank you Pat, Michael, and Brad.  I really needed that weekend away.  It was great seeing everyone in person.  

Patrick nailed it as far as the vibe goes, these shows are so laidback. Even the utter E36 M3 weather at the beginning of the day didn't faze anyone. One the rain let up some guys took leaf blowers to their Ferraris, Lambos, etc. that's not a sentence you'll hear at many shows.  

I should have coordinated better so we all went on the tour. Hendrick's private collection is mind blowing. If anyone has a chance  to see it do so. I couldn't speak for a solid five minutes when we went in. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VcLvtVXkK3JLReSIyp5kL3foed1OV8bcgjx5uwqDcW1D5dSB9cR9I6MqbqYpnZLg