Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/16/18 8:51 a.m.

Our old Ohio thread is like 150 pages long and covers years of excuses of why people aren’t going to make it somewhere, and has fallen to the abyss.

so- wtf?

i’ll start, we’re rsvp’d for cars and coffee at hale farm and village in Bath on October 13 - yes challenge saturday - with the $2015-17 Datsun, and will be driving it the 15 miles or so on Hoosiers with full challenge attire and stickers.

I’ll keep posting back as we aim to do car things before it gets cold, then again as it is cold.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/23/18 8:21 a.m.

I don’t own anything cool right now (hahahaha) so I’m not getting out much. So, actually I took a new role with the company I’ve worked with since 06 and it involves a lot of travel so when I get home I stay there. 

I do travel to Girard, Seville, Ashtabula, perrysburg and beaverdam and some out of state locations on rotation so I can watch for GTGs during the week.

Patrick
10/7/18 10:57 a.m.

So next Sunday October 14 there is a Trunk or Treat at the quaker steak in Sheffield.  4:30-7pm.  We’re planning to bring the kids, hopefully in the WRX if i can drive around enough on my expired tags to set all my emissions monitors and get it e checked without getting pulled over.  Just bought a 3+ pound bag of kit kat bars.  So likely the white bugeye or a blue 16 charger.  

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
10/8/18 5:46 a.m.

This weekend (Oct. 13-14) is a SCCA Regional at Mid-Ohio.  I will be there with my buddy to test his new "temporary" GT-3 car.  If any of you are there, stop by and say hello.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
10/8/18 2:37 p.m.

Obligatory comment to follow this thread on the off chance I'll participate in something. 

Also the next SICSA/Red Dog Racers charity auto memorabilia auction in Sat Oct 20th at TJ Chump's in Huber Heights (Dayton).  I've purchased many a cheap autographed item in previous years.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/8/18 2:41 p.m.

Hello from Ohio. 

JmfnB
JmfnB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/18 3:08 p.m.

Still sitting in Ohio's extended high five trying to figure out how to see some wire wheels...

Patrick
10/13/18 6:46 p.m.
JmfnB said:

Still sitting in Ohio's extended high five trying to figure out how to see some wire wheels...

there are some in my garage.

looks like we’re taking the Charger tomorrow, got the wrx tested but haven’t got my stickers yet

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/19/18 2:07 p.m.

I just posted about an interesting museum I stumbled across in Dayton:   British Transportation Museum.  Any interest in a get together there?

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
2/23/22 10:47 a.m.

Any interest in starting this up again this year? 

Somebeach (Forum Supporter)
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
2/23/22 12:47 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

There is also this:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/trips-adventures-and-get-togethers/20hr-garage-wars-an-excuse-to-get-together/192021/page1/

If we got an Ohio crew I might be interested. Depending on the dates. 

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/25/22 1:17 p.m.

I still owe someone for lunch and will watch this thread to see if I can (finally) pay up.  :D

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l0nc68PkWCaItWLMwOKFdkmKKBcujZeWc4m8mnW5vztUuJJFgP7AbJsAIVY2BqEY