1 2
Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
6/27/18 2:48 p.m.

Figured I'd start a thread for NoVA/MD/DC member since there are a lot of us around. Post here if you're attending a local event and are looking for company. Subscribe to this thread if you want notifications of local events!

I'll start. Cars and Coffee at Dulles Landing, Sunday July 1. Any interest?

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
6/27/18 11:46 p.m.

Really need to do my first ever brake job this Sunday. Just googled and got the fb page 7-9am. I fear that if I haven't started the job by then I'll just goof off when I get back to the city.indecision

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
6/28/18 7:47 a.m.

CDC autocross at blue crab stadium in Waldorf this Saturday?

would be totally down, but not going far from home due to new baby coming. 

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
6/28/18 9:34 a.m.

I am absolutely down for some CDC events this year. Let us know when you plan on going. Also good luck with the new baby!

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
6/28/18 1:33 p.m.

I live in Waldorf, so I will be there Saturday (unless the wife goes into labor).

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
6/28/18 2:07 p.m.

I read the title and thought "why would I want to go to a Nova meet at the DMV."  I can't be the only one.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
6/28/18 9:28 p.m.

Yeah I hate the whole DMV name but we don't have the 'best and the brightest' here no matter what we tell the rest of you out there. Also annoying when NVCC students tell you they go to NOVA - yes I know that's the logo but y'all ain't 'Nova. cheeky

Hal
Hal UltraDork
6/28/18 9:41 p.m.
Armitage said:

I'll start. Cars and Coffee at Dulles Landing, Sunday July 1. Any interest?

Sorry, already committed to going to the one in Clarksburg, MD.  

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
6/29/18 7:34 a.m.
nutherjrfan said:

Yeah I hate the whole DMV name but we don't have the 'best and the brightest' here no matter what we tell the rest of you out there. Also annoying when NVCC students tell you they go to NOVA - yes I know that's the logo but y'all ain't 'Nova. cheeky

Well,  trying to drive anywhere around here can be like waiting in line at the DMV...

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
7/7/18 7:39 p.m.

Short notice but since the weather is so nice I think I may go to the Cars&Coffee tomorrow morning (Sunday).

Claff
Claff Reader
7/7/18 10:01 p.m.

Clarksburg is a hair too far for me coming from Waldorf. I do enjoy going to Katie's and try to hit that maybe once a month.

Hal
Hal UltraDork
7/13/18 8:42 p.m.

I will be going to Clarksburg on Sunday July 15.  Starts at 8am.  Last one was interesting, McLaren, Lamborghini, Audi R8, Maserati Sedan, Porsche GT4 and two Ferrari's.  Plus all the usual other stuff.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
7/14/18 12:31 a.m.

If anyone wants to watch me potentially phaff up a brake job Sunday I'll be at Cardozo High. You'll get to see two mid 90s Nissans and an 84 s10 sport.laugh

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
7/28/18 12:57 p.m.
Armitage said:

Short notice but since the weather is so nice I think I may go to the Cars&Coffee tomorrow morning (Sunday).

Same bat time, same bat channel...

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
8/10/18 10:04 a.m.

I just signed up for Aug 16 SCCA Track Night at Dominion. This will be my first time at that track and also with this new program so I'm looking forward to it!

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1992490-track-night-2018-northern-virginia-august-16

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/10/18 2:04 p.m.
Armitage said:

I just signed up for Aug 16 SCCA Track Night at Dominion. This will be my first time at that track and also with this new program so I'm looking forward to it!

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1992490-track-night-2018-northern-virginia-august-16

Right on! What are you driving? I was on the fence for this one. Coming from Richmond. 

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
8/10/18 2:38 p.m.

Nice. I'll be in the blue FD.  Some folks from rx7club.com are going which is how I got roped in.  If you sign up, what'll you be driving? Have you been to Dominion?

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
10/16/18 11:11 a.m.

I'm signed up for CDC test&tune this Sunday if anyone's going.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
10/16/18 1:19 p.m.
Armitage said:

Will be there, I am an organizer with CDC.  Likely not driving at this one though. 

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
10/16/18 1:41 p.m.
Apexcarver said:
Armitage said:

Will be there, I am an organizer with CDC.  Likely not driving at this one though. 

Cool, I don't think we've met. Or if we have, I don't know your real life-to-GRM mapping :P The only organizer I know by name is Ed. I've been going to CDC events on and off for 15 years though so I've probably bumped into you before!

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/16/18 2:00 p.m.

WDCR rallyx has a double header at summit point this weekend due to a rain-out. Good time to go check it out if you couldn't normally do a Sunday. Get some ride alongs!

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
10/16/18 3:25 p.m.
bluej said:

WDCR rallyx has a double header at summit point this weekend due to a rain-out. Good time to go check it out if you couldn't normally do a Sunday. Get some ride alongs!

^^ this. A number of local GMR'ers will be there, including me, Josh (^him), and several other regulars. Should be good times, 

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/16/18 3:58 p.m.
irish44j said:
bluej said:

^^ this. A number of local GMR'ers will be there, including me, Josh (^him), and several other regulars. Should be good times, 

Actually, I have to miss this weekend. Emily's got a big museum opening I need to go to in Dallas. The reschedule for the rain date really screwed me for the season points :-/

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
10/16/18 7:53 p.m.

In reply to bluej :

aw maaaaaannnnnnn......

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
10/18/18 12:28 p.m.
Armitage said:
Apexcarver said:
Armitage said:

Cool, I don't think we've met. Or if we have, I don't know your real life-to-GRM mapping :P The only organizer I know by name is Ed. I've been going to CDC events on and off for 15 years though so I've probably bumped into you before!

This is me, I've either been in the white Mustang or a black Miata ('95)   Ed is good people, I bought my bugeye Sprite off of him. (he has another for sale if you know anyone interested)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KejXewHMm6AwXWQ64ir7jgZL0xYRxfcXPp9d6W9diUzOlxqaDfaypO8BSUYXqIMJ