eastpark
eastpark HalfDork
11/25/22 8:49 p.m.

We have a new to us travel trailer. I've been careful to check air pressure on the short trips we were able to to this fall. Before we take a big trip if like to set up a TPMS to be extra careful. 
I'd like to stick to a budget max of about $500 - any recommendations?

Thanks, Paul 

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/25/22 9:20 p.m.
eastpark
eastpark HalfDork
11/26/22 8:32 a.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

Thanks for the recommendation!

NY Nick
11/26/22 9:37 a.m.

I was skeptical about them because they screw into the valve stem and seem a little strange but mine have never leaked at all and I am through 2 seasons of trouble free operation. 

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
12/2/22 12:19 p.m.

What's the refresh rate???  

NY Nick
12/2/22 1:29 p.m.

I don't know but I do remember that in the instructions it said there is an alarm for a sudden loss of pressure as well as a low limit. I liked that because if I had a blow it I could hopefully get it slowed down before the flapping tire wrecked half of the side of my trailer. 

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
12/3/22 7:09 p.m.

That's good to hear.  One I was looking at said it checks every few (5?) minutes so it won't tell you if you have a blowout. 

can you send a new link?  That one doesn't work 

NY Nick
12/3/22 7:23 p.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

This is the exact one I have. 

edit: whatever I try to link to Amazon seems broken. It is a Tymate RV tire pressure sensor. It's $69

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/4/22 1:14 a.m.

I had one of these before I bought my new truck (newer Fords have factory trailer TPMS as an option):

https://www.tiretraker.com

It worked reasonably well, although the rechargeable lithium battery in the control unit didn't last very long after it was a few years old.  Also, I needed the repeater mounted in my trailer (24' TPD enclosed car trailer) to get a good signal up in the truck cab.

Expect to replace the coin cell batteries in the trailer senders about once a year.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u3dUre8pvBn4EQqCLeW6tGrfG9Ijth459STHH50aYDIld3NjVpdxnI00DzYrnX3u