1 ... 7 8 9
John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/17/22 10:06 a.m.

In reply to HotNotch :

Three very heavy items placed into one very flimsy box likely ruined that one box.

Ruined box likely means all goes back even though each heavy item is in its own box. But, with the box so broken, FedEx likely doesn't know if all contents are present. 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/17/22 10:07 a.m.

This problem will get worse.  Fuel costs are killing this business.  Fed Ex contractors are struggling, and employment is hosed.  They pay $15/hr same as your local fast food or convenience store.  There are no good people for this job or many other jobs.  It seems like education has finally caught up to the supply chain.  Idiocracy was a documentary not a comedy.  I'm starting to enjoy listening to people gripe about all the problems while doing their best to ignore any of the reasons for them.  

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/17/22 10:10 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

With such troubles getting stuff, does your address come up correctly and car be found by the popular mapping sites? 

Is this shipment just plain old mislabeled? 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/17/22 10:14 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I've never had a problem at this house until this package. And we're sadly Amazon over buyers, at least one or two packages a week come in, and this was purchased through the same Amazon account so should be fine. 

There was an "address not found" error on Saturday, which came with a "failed delivery attempt" email from Amazon despite it still being 4 hours away at the time.

Just FedEx being FedEx as far as I can tell. 

I get it, they don't pay E36 M3, and nobody wants to work in a warehouse for peanuts, but they could at least be realistic with estimated delivery dates. 

I never really had a FedEx problem before come to think of it. I never shipped with them because they are so expensive, but my rock auto parts have always found me quickly anywhere in the country, and they're all I really get delivered by FedEx. My last delivery guy at the old house was a car guy too, so it was fun when he came by.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/17/22 10:49 a.m.

We have a mapping problem near me.  Luckily, its not my problem but affects 6 houses near me.  

See the red marker.  It is shown as Fairway Ln.  My house is the blue dot.  

But, as you look at the same in satellite view, you see that Fairway Ln is not really there.  The real Fairway Ln is just north of my house and also marked Fairway Ln.   To make matters worse, 2 houses with Fairway Ln addresses (driveways coming off Fairway Ln) can't really be seen from Fairway Ln given that they sit back so far and narrow off Fairway Ln.    

Driven5
Driven5 UberDork
5/17/22 1:12 p.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm starting to enjoy listening to people gripe about all the problems while doing their best to ignore any of the reasons for them.  

Me too...

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

This problem will get worse.  Fuel costs are killing this business.  Fed Ex contractors are struggling, and employment is hosed.  They pay $15/hr same as your local fast food or convenience store.  There are no good people for this job or many other jobs.  It seems like education has finally caught up to the supply chain.  Idiocracy was a documentary not a comedy. 

LOL

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/17/22 1:46 p.m.

So ordered from Amazon, from the family account we've used for 2 years. Bought from third party sellers before no problem.

Somehow, wrong name, right address, wrong zipcode on the package. 

I guess it wasn't entirely FedEx fault. 

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/22/22 2:30 p.m.

Ordered from RA Thursday, FedEx said 5/25 delivery, that got bumped up to 5/24 and 5/23. This morning I get a delivery notification from RA. Check FedEx tracking, it says the package was delivered to my front door at 10:44 am.. Except no one has been to my door today, the only video on my doorbell cam is me going outside to the mailbox looking for my package.  So where did they deliver my package? WTF?  

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/26/22 4:11 p.m.

UPDATE: Initiated a trace with FedEx, they basically just send me texts every other day or so to ask if i received it or found the package yet.  The last text instructed me to report the problem to RA if i have not received the package by 2:56 pm on 5/26 (why do they give me an exact time?)  So, no package at the house at 2:56, I report the packages didn't arrive to RA.  Now I have to wait 4 business days for them to do their investigation before they will send me new parts. Probably should have just taken the refund.  Sad thing is, the money i saved by ordering from RA is going to fill the tank of my truck (it was easily 80 bucks) that i'm driving while waiting on parts.   angry

FedEx just text me they completed their investigation, they say the package was delivered on 5/22

TLDR;  FedEx sucks 

5/27/22 3:12 a.m.

In reply to 06HHR (Forum Supporter) :

Ask to see all the package scans from their investigation.  I bet they can't produce them, and they would have them were it delivered.  You just got hosed by a Fed Ex contractor and Fed Ex employee at your local terminal.  I'd say there are at least 3 dishonest people in that investigation if you didn't get the package.  Or you got porch pirated but I doubt rock auto boxes draw porch pirates.  

The driver, contractor and at least one Fed Ex employee are covering this up.  My guess is the contractor is already struggling and additional losses would put them in jeopardy of losing their contract, which is set by metrics from corporate.  

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
5/27/22 7:54 a.m.

I work for a company that sells limited edition collectibles.  Stuff that is autographed, extremely exclusive and goes for big bucks on the secondary market. We have a very recognizable name prominently listed on our packages. So recognizable that we routinely have packages arrive at our customers homes with the bottom of the cartons cut open, the contents removed and then the box is retaped.

It's totally obvious that things are being stolen by their employees yet Fedex has done nothing to stop the problem. We've lost tons of money and have thousands of upset customers.  Fed up with this bullE36 M3, we're switching to UPS in the near future. berkeley Fedex.

This rant isn't directed towards FedEx (this time) but at UPS.

I bought a really nice pre-built gaming desktop from Newegg. They shipped it UPS. It was intially supposed to be delivered Monday, 6 June, then it was updated to be delivered yesterday but didn't even ship until last night. It's coming from a Newegg warehouse in Atlanta and being delivered to Tampa so it's not that far away. Now it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I'm not going to be home tomorrow. It requires a signature. I tried to change it to be delivered to a UPS location. The only location it gave me was a sorting center 10 miles away. Why can't it be delivered to the UPS store a mile from my house? Whatever. So now it asks me to pay $5.99 to change delivery. Why does it cost money to deliver to your own facility? Whatever. Now it tells me that change of delivery is not available in my area. WTF? But it does suggest that I do a signature release on the package. Yeah, like I'm going to release liability of shipment and delivery of my $3,000 gaming computer. Even if I did do that, I have zero trust that it won't be a pile of parts when it gets tossed in my driveway to sit out all weekend while a tropical storm soaks the entire southern half of the state.

So I guess they will attempt delivery tomorrow to an unoccupied house and leave me a delivery notice. Maybe then I can have them hold it at a UPS location so I can pick it up after work on Monday.

UPS can suck my balls. 

6/3/22 6:02 p.m.

I got my new shoes in 2 days....  2 days faster than predicted.  It's crazy out there.  You never know what will happen.  

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/12/22 10:08 a.m.

Friday morning I ordered a set of cheap tires for my commuter car.  The estimated delivery was initially for Tuesday, then all of a sudden yesterday the status changed to 'on truck for delivery'.  Foolishly, I got excited thinking I could maybe get them mounted up this weekend...

Wrongo...

I've been on FedEx' website since yesterday trying to get a claim entered; apparently it's carefully engineered so as to not let you enter a claim?  About 15% of attempts,  it will save the tracking number/type of claim on page 1 and move on to page 2 of the claim process.  After that, 100% of the tries I've made end in the page not loading.

Hopefully the other pair shows up sometime in the next few days.

1 ... 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CTNsn0UwakHzyuDhxMZXhh1Voa5hTEprhsLX8fXfjtmoOfEfyqjoc90MUFF9WSUv