1 2 3 ... 5
93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/12/21 10:08 p.m.

So we talked in the Hot Wheels thread about setting up a trade/sell trade for Hot Wheels and other similar scale cars. 

Due to shipping costs it is probably only worth doing for multiple cars. 

Figure post what you are trying to get rid of and what you are looking for. 

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/12/21 10:16 p.m.

I have quite a few American muscle cars i'd like to move on. Mix of Johnny Lightning, Hot Wheels and Matchbox.

Also a treasure hunt car

Looking for

Old school Japanese cars 

Any Mazdas 

Old Land Rover

British Leyland/BMC/ Rootes Group cars

Old French cars

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/12/21 11:22 p.m.

Red 68 Camaro. In package or loose. Doesn't matter the brand or scale. SWMBO has an affinity for red 68s, and I feel I owe her something after putting up with all of my BS toy car buys.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/21 10:31 a.m.

Here's my loose trade cars:

I really just need a C5 Corvette at this point but always interested in AMC's, SCCA Trans Am racecars or street versions, and endurance racers. Happy to trade multiples of mine for one of yours as I need to downsize.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
1/17/21 10:46 p.m.

Looking for the Hot Wheels Dodge Van/Dajiban. Have multiple trade bait.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/18/21 12:07 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

Don't know if this would fit the bill, but I have a couple of off brand cars from when I was a kid.

I also need to reduce my collection.  Is it okay to toss for sale stuff up here when I get around to photographing it, or should I start a thread in the classifieds?

1/18/21 12:15 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Just throw it up here.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/19/21 11:45 a.m.

Okay, here goes the first batch.  I'm mostly interested in just selling, but am on the lookout for an additional GMC Syclone, so I can paint it up like my S10, and any NA Miatas that are not red or blue.

Not going to put any prices on these right now, just go ahead and make an offer.  I am not trying to make a fortune here.  Once I have gone through my whole collection, I may put together a post in the For Sale forum with prices:

Also, I can take a more detailed picture of specific cars if you want.

1/19/21 1:29 p.m.

I want that Johnny Lightning Batmobile and the GTO FD car.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/19/21 1:37 p.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

I want that Johnny Lightning Batmobile and the GTO FD car.

I’ll set them aside.  I’ll hold off on negotiating on price until I have gone through the rest and post them up, if that is alright?  I may have a model kit or two, also.  Edit- just an FYI, the JL Batmobile is based on the 60’s comic book, so it is similar, but not exactly like the TV series Batmobile.

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
1/19/21 1:37 p.m.

Any interest in 80s stuff?

I am clearing out the last of my hot wheels (sold several hundred in the last few months) and l am down to a bunch of hot bird variations. I'd rather sell here than eBay 

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
1/19/21 1:39 p.m.

In reply to Cooper_Tired :

1/19/21 2:04 p.m.

Sounds great!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/19/21 2:11 p.m.

In reply to Cooper_Tired :

I had a couple of the black Firebirds when I was a kid, and they were some of my favorites.  Really trying not to up my collection, though.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
1/19/21 3:12 p.m.

I'm interested in the red 300zx and the blue focus Rs?

I'd like to wait and see what else you have before sending those two off.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/19/21 3:15 p.m.

In reply to 1kris06 :

No problem, shipping only two in a priority box would pretty cost ineffective.  I should also be able to ship in a padded envelope, too, the packages just might get beat up some.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/19/21 3:49 p.m.

2nd, and hopefully last batch:

I'm going to want more for the AE86 than for most of the other hot wheels, since it is a Faster Than Ever model.

Not exactly Hot Wheels, but I hope they are close enough:

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
1/20/21 12:33 a.m.

I'm interested in that red Ford Fusion, the Miata model kit, and the "Modifiers" F-150.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/20/21 7:30 a.m.

Since this is mostly to try to get stuff out of my house, and a bit to get some extra cash out of it, I would prefer to ship everything in flat rate priority mail boxes if possible.  Some of it may not be, but I'm going to do my best to just be able to get in and out of the post office fast smiley  However, if you have ideas about cheaper shipping that is still fairly convenient, please let me know.

How about $5  for the GTO and the JL Batmobile + cost of medium flat rate box ($15.05)

In reply to 1kris06 :

How about $1.50 for the 300ZX and Focus RS + cost of small flat rate box ($8.30)

In reply to slowbird :

How about $17 + cost of shipping - may be somewhat high, as it won't fit into a large flat rate box (Modifier or Miata can, but not together)

If shipping is too much for you, please let me know, I can try to send via a slower USPS method, I'll just need to scare up some boxes, so might not be able to ship as quickly.  Also, if you want to add stuff to the box to make it more worth your while, that is fine, too.

As for the rest of them, I think I've come up with prices:

Challenger model kit: $12

AE86 Hot Wheels:  $5

All the other Hot Wheels and Matchbox: $0.75 each

Johnny Lightning Z car:  $0.75

Other Johnny Lightning and Muscle Machines:  $2.50 each

Willing to deal if someone wants to make an offer on everything that hasn’t been claimed yet.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
1/20/21 9:20 a.m.
1kris06 said:

Depending how many fit in a small flat rate box. I'll add the matchbox SVX, gray Evo X and red 22b sti

1/20/21 9:30 a.m.

First Class is going to be significantly cheaper than flat rate. If boxes truly are an issue, ask your postal worker for non flat rate priority mail boxes. You need to eclipse like five pounds to make them more than the flat rate.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/20/21 9:37 a.m.
1kris06 said:
1kris06 said:

Depending how many fit in a small flat rate box. I'll add the matchbox SVX, gray Evo X and red 22b sti

Looks like I can fit four in a small flat rate box without creasing them.  If you are going to pull them out of the packaging, I can put one more in if you don't mind cardboard backings getting folded.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/20/21 9:40 a.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

First Class is going to be significantly cheaper than flat rate. If boxes truly are an issue, ask your postal worker for non flat rate priority mail boxes. You need to eclipse like five pounds to make them more than the flat rate.

Will try to take a look at that in a few days and come up with different shipping costs.  Thank you.  I have some smaller boxes, so I can try to figure them out.  Just need to still find a box for some of the bigger stuff.    

Edit- is first class the same as Retail Ground?  I didn’t see a first class package option on the usps page.

1/20/21 10:19 a.m.

Yes that is the same as retail ground.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
1/20/21 10:37 a.m.

Sounds good to me, I'll send you the address to calculate shipping costs. No rush, if you need time to find a box for it that's fine.

Edit: I'll take that Muscle Machines "Truckin" F-150 too. laugh

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gcjKrtqbxpYXTbNz8C6OoaII9k78HleGC6VMedheEzViqXCS2aIACkc2aTFapJhH