temick
temick New Reader
1/27/22 3:32 p.m.

I just bought some 13 inch bullitt brake caliper, bracket, and shields. For around $60. Since it is a brake upgrade it would go to my budget correct?

But the pads and rotors will not?

As for the rear brakes. I bought the entire axle so all of it will apply. Or do i break done line by line. 

What about core fees?

Thanks

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/27/22 4:53 p.m.
temick said:

I just bought some 13 inch bullitt brake caliper, bracket, and shields. For around $60. Since it is a brake upgrade it would go to my budget correct?

But the pads and rotors will not?

As for the rear brakes. I bought the entire axle so all of it will apply. Or do i break done line by line. 

What about core fees?

Thanks

whats the year make and model of the car you're putting them on?  read the brake part rule carefully.  it allows a lot more than you might expect.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/28/22 2:32 p.m.

Here for the rules quote.

Partial Exemption: The Burchett Rule: Brake friction materials, lines, calipers, master cylinders, boosters, rotors and drums may be replaced with fresh ones that are duplicates or stock replacements without increasing or decreasing the budget. “Duplicate” is defined as having the same listed application in a major parts catalog as the part being replaced. Stock replacement is defined as having the Challenge car’s year, make, model, and trim listed as an application in a major parts catalog, or, if non-OEM front and/or rear subframes/axles/hubs/knuckles are used, the year, make, model, and trim of the donor vehicle listed as an application in a major parts catalog. This rule does allow adding stock replacement brake parts to a car that did not come with any at the time of sale. The purpose of this rule is to allow for safe brake components, not to allow for budget shenanigans. Original brake parts cannot be sold for recoup and then re-bought without budget impact to take advantage of this allowance.

And as to cores.

Core charges must be included in your budget. If you return the core, the refund is considered a discount on a part’s purchase, not recoup.

1/28/22 4:56 p.m.

So if bullitt knuckles are same price as base knuckles, you could FMV self-trade your base knuckles for bullitt knuckles, then the bullitt brakes are free. just sayin'.

temick
temick New Reader
1/29/22 1:43 a.m.

So since the Bullitt and GT knuckles are the same it falls into the burchett rule technically? 

1/29/22 8:34 a.m.
temick said:

So since the Bullitt and GT knuckles are the same it falls into the burchett rule technically? 

the rule says application is defined as "year make model and trim," which would preclude installing cobra brakes on a V6, for example. I was thinking of Bullitt as a separate trim level from GT.

if you do a suspension swap, the rule allows you the free replacement of the brake parts that would come with the swapped suspension.

My reply was based on thinking that the Bullitt was a separate trim level, Hence you would need the "Bullitt knuckles", even if they were the same as base or GT knuckles. but if it was merely an option on the GT package, then you should be OK.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3c0AEygBqcBjl2pPO8MdfKgnrQRQl8RPscsnxG2KZGbqrohc1OVTo59pxHDE59Ji