SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/23/24 11:27 a.m.

The Challenge participant discounted rate rooms at the Gateway Grand are full. Any chance of extending the block?

Whats the rate?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Publisher
3/23/24 12:16 p.m.

I don't think so, sorry. They were pretty firm on the deadline, and last I checked the hotel is almost full already. They seem to be completely out of king rooms.

We put the deadline and rate on the site at least six months ago, I'm not sure what they charge for any remaining rooms now.

https://2000challenge.com/host-hotel

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/23/24 3:49 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

The hotel told me there were still a few rooms, and they could extend the block if the event sponsor requested it. 

I understand it's been on the website for a while. There wasn't any way for me to confirm prior to this due to work schedule. 

Tom Suddard
3/23/24 4:33 p.m.

I reached out to confirm--maybe things have changed since our original point of contact died a few months ago. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/23/24 5:54 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Thanks for checking, Tom

Tom Suddard
3/25/24 3:55 p.m.

Okay, the hotel just confirmed the original deadline, and said they had a few King rooms left, but were otherwise sold out. If you haven't booked yet, now is your chance. They've offered a slight discount for $2000 Challenge attendees even though we're past the deadline. 

Tom Suddard
3/26/24 1:19 p.m.

Reminder to call and book the hotel today if you haven't booked yet--sounds like the hotel will honor a rate of $179/night for king rooms if you mention the $2000 Challenge. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eoF1oIs0llhMeLQSPVpSwE8APrpVQQxcny5CQ2Ohbo5bQzLWuLYM68ATKB97c1yQ