1 ... 9 10 11
adam525i (Forum Supporter)
adam525i (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/7/20 8:20 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
5/7/20 8:31 p.m.

In reply to adam525i (Forum Supporter) :

Heh, I was wondering when someone would make the connection!

I don't entirely want to sell it, but we can't all be Jay Leno- those of us without the infinite money cheat have to lose one occasionally.

adam525i (Forum Supporter)
adam525i (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/7/20 8:34 p.m.

My dad is always browsing that site, he had one when they were new, same year, same colours, so he sent me the link and I recognized the bike right away.

NGTD
NGTD PowerDork
5/8/20 12:54 p.m.

Looks like it's getting decent money with 3 days to go!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
5/11/20 2:47 p.m.

Well, the auction closed at $6600.  By my estimation I made somewhere between $5-6/hr for the time spent working on it, but honestly turning any profit is the icing on the cake after getting to enjoy the bike; hopefully the new owner has a good time with it too.

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/11/20 2:57 p.m.

I mean usually people selling projects are lucky if they make any money at all, not including their time spent!

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/11/20 8:05 p.m.

I stopped by the garage to hear the bike run in person. Man...  videos do not do justice to the sound that bike makes.  I think my mother enjoyed finally seeing the bike run after all these years (she had been staring at it in the garage since 1995).

RichardNZ
RichardNZ GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/11/20 9:33 p.m.

Well done, that's a great result from a great restoration.
I had a quick look on TradeMe which is our equivalent of eBay and turned up a recent ad for a restored one at 10k NZ which is about what you got, also found the auction below (buy now NZ995) so probably a good thing you've sold smiley

1 ... 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IoTEquXMENDjZ8c4kQ9pNS2qyv9TWbqnEvEIN2i2bJGbpxI35TT4WLOl2ggbwo4c