1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28
Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/12/21 8:52 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Spent the weekend throwing rocks into the creek. At daycare they are still trying to get him not to throw toys that are not balls. He now says what sounds like "not a ball."

At the cabin my family has a smaller kabota tractor which failed to move that log. Supposedly I was doing it wrong and didn't have it in 4wd so the tires would spin. Rookie mistakes, eventually my brother in law showed up with a chainsaw and we took care of cutting it into movabale pieces.

Ordered some replacement brakes for the G35. Going to go with the Jeep wheels and stock suspension so I don't have to hack the car up too bad. Maybe I'll still get the enhanced  inspection done when I return from the challenge. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/12/21 10:04 a.m.

Forgot to add just going to abandon the G35 and buy this It might be more than I can handle

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/21 6:33 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

That's glorious!

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/21 7:45 p.m.

Please be serious

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
10/12/21 7:47 p.m.

That's Rad yes

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/13/21 7:48 a.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

Please be serious

I think sometimes the devil(car) I know is better than the one I don't. 

Pulled the Hoosiers off the top shelf to mount to the Jeep wheels today. I knew I needed these tires in 2018. 

10/13/21 7:54 a.m.

Lame ass

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/21 8:29 a.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

You know I started to respect Andy more then he wussed out.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/13/21 8:35 a.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

I still have till next Tuesday to completely change my mind. Remember "Bad decisions make great stories." Not like that Geo Storm is going to be a quick sell.  Still struggling with controlling a transmission cooler leak with the "new" radiator. 

edit:My brakes should arrive today and my maxpeedingrod coilovers.

edit2: I almost want to ask if that is a wrap or a paint job. Because it's almost as sweet as the q45 I purchased the one year. 

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/13/21 10:52 a.m.

ok, who here bought the Storm?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/13/21 11:18 a.m.

I hope you bought the Geo Storm!

Boy, oh boy, its bad (yet so good.)

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/13/21 12:55 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I'll never gain your respect. 

If you happen to be at a pull a part sometime in the next week, I still need a bumper, grille and radiator fan shroud. Please, 

Also I need you to hook the nitrous up to the horn but leave the horn connected. 

Stampie
10/13/21 4:45 p.m.

Pretty sure I won't get out this week.  I still have a non running car at this time. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/15/21 2:21 p.m.

I was going to replace my rotors and pads but after looking at these on the front I may just run the ones that came with it. Save me some money.  Just need a few hard laps around the parking lot. Hoping to be testing on Sunday. Put the front coilovers on this morning. 

Somehow I need to get it through my thick skull to only by older cars from the south. 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/15/21 2:30 p.m.

Yeah, might as well send it on those frint brakes! 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/16/21 8:04 a.m.

Front is done.

Should I even bother changing the oil?

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
10/16/21 8:38 a.m.

Yes !

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/21 8:55 a.m.
Indy "Nub" Guy said:

Yes !

Yes

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/16/21 9:07 a.m.

You know it's rusty when you have to use PB blaster to get the rear wheel off. Went to put the rear jackstands on when doing the rear suspension. The factory position for a jackstand is missing. 

this may be the year for full send it mode, no guts no glory.  I mean really the option is waste time changing the oil or add the nitrous. I have another four hours tomorrow to work on it tomorrow. 

In other news I need to find a bolt and bushing for the rear shock mounts. 

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
10/16/21 9:44 a.m.

Nitrous now.  Oil change in parking lot Thursday night.

10/16/21 10:54 a.m.

My friend in orlando is serious about buying it for parts if you want to leave it in FL or even blow it up 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/17/21 6:33 a.m.

Need mental help how do I press out the ring of the bushing with it still on the car? Luckily two different stores have this in stock. 

Stampie
10/17/21 7:16 a.m.

Socket just the right size and a hammer?  If that doesn't work socket just the right size for the ID and another socket bigger than the OD. Put a bolt through them and tighten down.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
10/17/21 7:20 a.m.

If there's enough room, cutting a slot in that sleeve should let it pop right out.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/17/21 7:55 a.m.

I recall that job kind of sucking. I think I used a die grinder until it was so thin I could chisel it out with a screw driver, but that didn't feel like the right way. You have very little room in there for a bushing press or clamp.

1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lEAyTh8O9UI19trz4hLqyMIxeawgqWxfrUlaLwbafoMFVaGacMksFwKcJPUC7CjI