1 2 3
Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
3/30/17 9:23 p.m.

This thing is awesome, I keep sending photos of lifted miatas to my friends.

I'm sure with your fabrication skills a cage and a snorkle are coming soon.

jstancel
jstancel Reader
3/31/17 8:16 a.m.

I have friends that fabricate... I can do basic stuff.

Cage will be soon.

Snorkel, never

jstancel
jstancel Reader
4/6/17 8:25 a.m.

Doing monster truck stuff with the Miata

Monster Miata

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 New Reader
4/6/17 12:27 p.m.

I can't stop thinking about this thing. have you had any hub/wheel bearing issues yet? while not high G force sticky hoosier related I'm wondering if the tall tire and unusual side forces and such cause premature failure?

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
4/6/17 1:36 p.m.

Maybe I missed it, but what's the pipe sticking up out of the center console?

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/6/17 1:40 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: Maybe I missed it, but what's the pipe sticking up out of the center console?

looks like maybe a jack on the passenger floorboard

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
4/6/17 2:37 p.m.
Lof8 wrote:
ultraclyde wrote: Maybe I missed it, but what's the pipe sticking up out of the center console?
looks like maybe a jack on the passenger floorboard

that's most likely what it is... but it'd be cooler if it was a big ol' suicide shifter

jstancel
jstancel Reader
4/7/17 7:59 a.m.
klodkrawler05 wrote: I can't stop thinking about this thing. have you had any hub/wheel bearing issues yet? while not high G force sticky hoosier related I'm wondering if the tall tire and unusual side forces and such cause premature failure?

I keep waiting for them to fail but no issues so far.

It is the old floor jack in the car trick. I was disassembling a parts car earlier that day.

Color_Blind_4_Life
Color_Blind_4_Life None
5/22/17 8:39 a.m.

I'm hoping to tackle a project like this soon. any tips or tricks?

Kylini
Kylini Dork
5/22/17 8:43 a.m.
Color_Blind_4_Life wrote: I'm hoping to tackle a project like this soon. any tips or tricks?

10 in springs seems to be the max length you can shove in the rear without pushing your spring perch into your drive shaft. Extended control arms would remove this limitation.

jstancel
jstancel Reader
5/1/18 3:23 p.m.

It's been ages since I updated this thread. Entered the Skidpad Challenge at The Mitty.

The welded diff gave me 2 options, understeer or drift.

jstancel
jstancel Reader
5/31/18 10:30 p.m.

Haven't done any modifications with only esthetics in mind. I wanted to do a tribute to one of my favorite toys as a child. The TYCO Bandit was the jam and it's 90s style seemed just right for my car. 

B13Birk
B13Birk GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/31/18 11:15 p.m.

In reply to jstancel :

IM ALLLL ABOUT THAT LIVERY. I freaking love that 90's POP color stuff. Super cool man. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/8/19 2:32 p.m.

So, how is it on the street?

I had installed a 3" lift on my old NA, and it was bad. Granted, it needed wheel spacers, extended lower ball joints, and adjustable rear control arms. A good alignment was not possible without those, and I took the kit off before getting the rest of the parts. 

I'm thinking about doing it again, but I would want to be comfortable driving it on the highway for a couple hours if need be. (The previous time was scary on the highway.)

BirgerBuilder
BirgerBuilder Reader
4/8/19 2:56 p.m.

Totally had a tyco Bandit as a kid, one of my favorite toys! 

Man, I had forgot all about that thing. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BdDn0mXEAm1GphXfY4NfyAuOvuzotJ5S248B7fwAoZjwqr8azL3UnXXwyPfyUFYZ