1 2 3 4
BuildItYourself
BuildItYourself New Reader
4/6/23 11:29 p.m.

Episode 10 is live! Bottom end and cooling system are done!

https://youtu.be/uMz7mb7glCE

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
4/9/23 8:50 a.m.

So rad. 

mitch5
mitch5 New Reader
4/11/23 5:40 a.m.

That is a super slick setup with the cooling manifold, the oring assembly should eliminate any issue of thermal expansion and vibration causing the an fittings to crack.  

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
4/12/23 8:42 a.m.

Very cool. I was pointed this way as I just found out my 4v cams are trash. You all wouldn't have a giant pile of spare parts I can raid for stock cams and followers would you? I can send cores if you have to weld two cams together.

BuildItYourself
4/12/23 4:29 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

I believe we saved all the parts somewhere in a box, but these were junk yard heads so I doubt you want to use any of the parts that came with them.  Maybe the cams? But I'd probably get them inspected and polished if you want to reuse them. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
4/12/23 9:35 p.m.

In reply to BuildItYourself :

It's for a challenge car so if you have parts laying around that you would sell cheaply, I'm interested in what you have. Currently my best deal is $125 for cams and followers. That is for the lowest lift/duration stock cams.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
4/15/23 4:27 p.m.

In reply to BuildItYourself :

Have you tried places that grind tractor cams?   

BuildItYourself
5/8/23 8:49 a.m.

Episode 11 is Live!

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/it3BTZOsuGo

BuildItYourself
5/8/23 8:28 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

We definitely have a bunch of stock cams and valvetrain parts we can ship out to you, as long as you pay for shipping. Hit us up at  our email and we can hook you up!

BuildItYourself
5/8/23 8:30 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

That's interesting, we did not. We were looking for at the CNC machine shop places to make custom billets. Finding someone to grind the cams wasn't actually the problem, the problem was getting the cores made. 

Ando
Ando GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/9/23 1:20 p.m.

In your power puff intro slide you reference the cadillac boots, the honda coils, and the you have a porsche emblem.  I don't recall any porsche parts being mentioned and you bleep out a reference to a mysterious something you're going to use in future content.......Connection?

this is still an amazing project...

i can only assume you are both independently wealthy men of leisure and that is why you can devote so much time and energy to this project.

I really hope you can seal those heads up......

BuildItYourself
5/9/23 8:31 p.m.

In reply to Ando :

The injectors are from a 997 GT2 RS, that's where the Porsche emblem comes in haha.

we're trying the epoxy on some practice pieces we have this week so fingers crossed. The biggest worry right now is how the epoxy will hold up at temperature, so we'll likely be doing some oven bake test as well, once it fully cures.

iammclovin804
iammclovin804 Reader
5/10/23 7:12 a.m.
Ando said:

In your power puff intro slide you reference the cadillac boots, the honda coils, and the you have a porsche emblem.  I don't recall any porsche parts being mentioned and you bleep out a reference to a mysterious something you're going to use in future content.......Connection?

this is still an amazing project...

i can only assume you are both independently wealthy men of leisure and that is why you can devote so much time and energy to this project.

I really hope you can seal those heads up......

I think the bleeped out part was Crown Victoria

BuildItYourself
6/7/23 10:04 a.m.

Episode 12 is live!

Finally got the cam cores in so they are off to Bullet for grinding.

In this video we tackled the leak we discovered last episode, and we also get the alternator relocation bracket and drive belt system complete.

Getting close to the finish line!

https://youtu.be/OMWn923gh8U

BuildItYourself
6/25/23 11:43 a.m.

This one was a real fun one... 

Has anyone had a similar problem with FuelTech where their pinout for some of the inputs/outputs is wrong on their "Harness Diagram"?

Bit of a PITA to have to reverse engineer the leads but it worked out in the end so can't complain much!

I give you, the World's First Dual Drive-By-Wire V10 Mod Motor!

https://youtu.be/aR5DMzPNes4

bumpsteer
bumpsteer Reader
6/25/23 5:10 p.m.

Not to rain on your parade, because this is awesome, but some people might consider the gen4 Coyote to hold that title. Too bad you can't just reprogram that PCM to run an extra pair of cylinders! 

BuildItYourself
6/25/23 8:51 p.m.

In reply to bumpsteer :

I don't think coyotes are considered mod motors. But even if they were, as long as we get this thing fired before they start selling S650s we should be able to claim we were first! haha

Shavarsh
Shavarsh HalfDork
6/26/23 3:52 p.m.

I've really been enjoying following the youtube videos! Thanks for sharing

BuildItYourself
8/14/23 9:44 a.m.

Episode 14 is up!

Finally got around to making some carbon bits!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P67PDeotL3I&t=11s

No description available.

BuildItYourself
9/14/23 11:07 a.m.

Only took about a year but it's finally time!

not only did we unveil the car the V10 is going in, we also got some great news about the cams!

Episode 15 is up guys! go check it out.

This build just got to whole another level :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHVWP2nCpfA

TurboFource
TurboFource HalfDork
9/14/23 9:29 p.m.

Interesting ....... !

Parker with too many Projects
Parker with too many Projects Dork
9/15/23 9:09 a.m.

Definitely subscribed to your channel! I wasn't aware that the new Lincolns were FWD-based, but that'll get fixed 

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/15/23 12:56 p.m.

I was kinda hoping you'd choose something "easy" for fitment, keeping a focus on getting the engine in and functional. This is anything but.

You have proven capable of overcoming many obstacles already, I'm looking forward to watching even more!

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
11/2/23 7:44 a.m.

First start vid just dropped. 

Dudes. You are insane rad. Congratulations. Super impressive. 

BuildItYourself
11/2/23 11:30 p.m.

In reply to DILYSI Dave :

You beat me to it! haha

For those that haven't wacthed yet, we finally got the engine fully assembled and started!

click below and go check out the last two videos to catch up on the final moments.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA2_CuSSbv9pL4EYpw_Nchg

SOOOOO PUMPED!

Now, on to making this thing fit in a FWD Continental xD

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1PyaFqONabgRQt2xPEIhc4AxyHqX76oreDWwxWShW8sKQLA7SUkhjfkxWkqcfKjq