1 2 3
AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Reader
5/21/16 10:21 p.m.

Well Driver's school is over and I thought it handled great.

https://youtu.be/Om3C1EpHLGs?t=1m44s

Seriously though, the instructors could not believe a car this big could handle the slaloms like it did, and with some left foot braking to try and reel in the understeer I'm actually getting through the course much quicker than I was a week ago.

I still have a few issues to work out. I've got some rubbing in the rear that a few spring rubbers should take care of. Might have to roll the fenders... and an ABS/traction control issue that kindve ticking me off. it started immediately after the suspension install. when braking into a corner with a high amount of turning angle the abs and trac lights come on and stay on. The ABS system is disabled. shutting the car of resets this. I thought I might have left a sensor unplugged or loose but they're all tight. More annoying than anything. Other than that she's in fine form.

I got home and tripped over a small box on my doorstep.

My low quality Ebay parts! whooo...

Before: After:

Because only racecars and junk cars have black hoods.

mbruneaux
mbruneaux New Reader
5/21/16 11:31 p.m.

A Grand Prix with Sway bars and a suspension like yours will surprise many people, Mine had old 175K mile struts and springs and made the autocross coach look at the badge to make sure he was in the right car.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/22/16 8:30 p.m.
AClockworkGarage wrote: My goal is to have the exterior "finished " by july 4th for groit's American car show. here is an amazing high tech 3D render I made to show my goals for the exterior. Yeah... I'd drive that.

Dude! That looks stinking awesome!!!

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Reader
8/4/16 11:51 a.m.

Well, been a while since I last updated this thread. I just finished race 6 of 8. On the new suspension the car is a solid mid-pack contender after 6 events I am in 8th overall for the season championship.

As a quick aside, our local club has a rule where the scores of the lowest two are dropped and what remains is your final score. This is rather irritating. I am the only driver in my class that had actually attended every event. I'm currently running 8th with a 48 point deficit. If they did not drop the lowest scores I would be leading the points race by 20. Kind of a pisser.

I've not yet sorted out the ABS issue but the car has developed a rather large exhaust leak on the rear manifold. Probably the donut gasket for the downpipe. an $8 fix. but also an excuse. I placed an order to solve the issue once and for all.

The clamps that come with the headers are quite E36 M3e, but I found these wonderful pre-formed band clamps from jegs.

They should be mounted up within the next week of so in time for the next event on the 21st.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LGvUfJhTwWShe6N0SAu6UlL44sUuYAWcewcKT18QunlDd1SrhvUiSrXia0jEl34d