1 ... 10 11 12
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/25/20 5:27 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Max uggaduggas and send it

Or I could have just ordered 7/16 OD and .380 ID stainless tubing. Damn North Carolinians. 

Crackers
Crackers Dork
1/25/20 7:17 p.m.
Stampie said:

Not sure what this open port is. It's on the passenger side between the middle cylinders. 

Looks like an aftermarket mechanical temperature sensor bunghole. 

Stampie
1/25/20 7:36 p.m.

In reply to Crackers :

Yeah I think that's actually the main coolant temp sensor location. Which is strange that it was open. I've asked myself why would the PO remove it?  But it also explains why we had problems filling the coolant system when we first got it running. We were DAs by keep putting in more water at the front of the RV while it was a total loss system pumping the water out of that big hole. 

Stampie
1/26/20 4:20 p.m.

I decided today that I should put the headers on before anything else. That would give me the most room for maneuvering them into place. I dragged the out of storage and noticed this.

Berk me. 

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/26/20 5:12 p.m.

The combination of:

1. Seeing the nut/bolt head.

2. Your light shining on the nut/bolt head.

3. Any possible arrangement of tools will obscure both 1 & 2.

4. You are left with feeling stuff you can't see and are not familiar enough to recognize as you try to wrench something off or on.

5. You start to question life itself...

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/26/20 5:18 p.m.

Ebay stainless shorty headers are $95

Stampie
1/26/20 5:45 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Yeah. I've gotten it down to Dorman factory replacement manifolds $168 Rockauto, Summit racing uncoated headers $153 or coated $270. Problem with Summit is they say they fit but pictures show oval ports. My heads have square. 

Stampie
1/29/20 5:03 p.m.

My new stainless shaft fits a little loose in the hole but the 3/8th fits tight in it's hole. I think they'll work.

Fancy packaging

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/29/20 5:29 p.m.

Close enough.  Does it run yet

Stampie
1/29/20 5:38 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

It was chilly and raining when I got home. You're lucky I tested that much. And define running because I can grab my boat gas tank and have it "running" in about 30 minutes. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/21 3:19 p.m.

I know you said damn Stampie got back on the K30.

Nope but hopefully will post Challenge.

Instead I wanted to update on the RV that gave it's engine for the K30.  The guy I gave it to called me last week saying he took it to the scrap yard but they didn't like the open title from my PO. Anyway he asked me if I could get it titled. Since I was getting the Miata titled today I said sure. Had them print out an instant title and took it to him this morning. Then he called and said the metal yard would only take it if I was there and the check would be made out to me. Ok this is getting to me a PITA but I meet him after picking up Lil Stampie from school. 

Guess how much an old RV is worth in scrap. 

Yep the RV I paid $500 for and pulled a running 454 out of sold for $1449 in scrap. He paid me for the titling fees and everyone is happy. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/27/21 3:25 p.m.

I need to find time to come to Florida and wire this up for you don't I?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/27/21 3:29 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

So, you're buying more RVs?

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
8/27/21 3:41 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

In reply to Stampie :

So, you're buying more RVs?

Free 454's for everyone!

(Including Frenchyd)

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/21 3:42 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

No the wiring is easy.  Just need to extend the oil pressure wires from where the SBC was.  Time and doing the PS/oil coolers is the hold up.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I asked Lil Stampie if he wanted to do more and he gave me a hard no.  I told him that one we have experience now and two we were trying to be careful with the last one.  Still a no.  Then a few minutes later he said "I need to figure out how to make some money."

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
8/27/21 6:34 p.m.

Glad to see this one back at the top for any reason.  Dang!  That's a lot of scrap money!

1 ... 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cEua3hBfcGMxzgw9OwaRsOtHIMhEe8at3pz96as4Al8Cx4451LvnJU330RX1Y7pO