1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/10/22 4:59 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

You guys don't miss anything, the siding is ok that's the cable wire coming into the house. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
3/10/22 5:00 a.m.

In reply to LostInTransit :

Wow that sucks, one worry I have is that either this will go perfectly fine or costs will skyrocket. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
3/10/22 5:01 a.m.

In reply to WonkoTheSane :

Thank you, I am going to see how my schedule goes and try to get out there. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
3/23/22 10:29 p.m.

I've been super busy, so I'm just getting around to the next installment.  Two weeks ago I took it for it's state inspection.  It passed the safety inspection but failed emission, no CEL light ny the Cat and evap monitors were not ready.  They said to drive it more so that week I took it every day except the one it snowed. I put on about 700 miles, i had given up on fixing the door power issues and dropped it at my friend's shop for him to fix the door and get it inspected.  Of course when I dropped it off the CEL came on. He will hopefully get the door fixed and get it inspected shortly.  

LostInTransit
LostInTransit New Reader
3/24/22 5:00 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

My goal was to see if I could fit in it as I've tried several times to sit in several different corvettes and none of them fit. When I saw the vette at the show room, 3 salesmen came out and told me quote "son you can't touch this car" so I drove 40 miles to their sister dealership and handed of 10,000 cash and told them I wanted that vette. The sister dealership had the vette for me in less than 2 hours. After the deal I drove the vette back to the first dealership that told I couldn't touch the vette. They seen me drive up and exited the show room. I stepped out gave them a chin wave got in the vette and did a burn out in the dealerships lot. Later, we ended up in Dearborn mich for the 50th annivercy riding along in a convoy of other vettes. The Z06 was a risk and very expensive to maintain. Just one of those cars I though I wanted, but it wasn't to be when the hurricane took it away from me. just one of those dream cars we all have had at one time or another.

TED_fiestaHP
TED_fiestaHP HalfDork
3/24/22 8:45 a.m.

It can be frustrating, if you clear a code, you then have to drive it for a while, to ensure the code doesn't return.  If you get another code, same fault or a different one, you have to start all over again and drive enough miles to show the car is mot having codes.   I had a BMW X-3, didn't think it would ever pass emissions.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/22 12:17 p.m.

In reply to TED_fiestaHP :

Never clear codes.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/22 12:20 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to TED_fiestaHP :

Never clear codes. Tune them out with HPTuners

Wally (Forum Supporter)
3/28/22 8:51 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

When they fix the door they're going to see what codes are there and what needs to be fixed. Between the monitors not setting after almost 1000 miles, the the CEL coming on after 700 more I'm hoping it's simple but seeing how my luck has been I expect it has something to do with the tune and headers.  

Wally (Forum Supporter)
4/7/22 9:42 a.m.

It finally made it into the shop yesterday, the door looks to be a simple/somewhat pricey fix. The door control module had water in it, corroded  and no longer works.  He took a look to see if the monitors set to get the emissions test done while waiting for a new module, but the car isn't speaking right now.  Not to his scan tools, not to the inspection machine.  Runs fine and no CEL but not communicating.  The future is stupid sometimes.  

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/7/22 10:00 a.m.

Sounds like you need to buy this car some flowers and chocolate. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
4/7/22 11:40 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

It can't hurt at this point 

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
4/7/22 12:02 p.m.

I'm going on 6 months without my readiness monitors on my Suburban, all with inspection overdue.  I'm down to just one now, the O2, as the evap finally was ok the other day after weeks of me trying to drive to GMs drive cycles.   This is stupid. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
5/11/22 5:04 p.m.

Good news, a new door module fixed the door and window issue.  Bad news, nine months in and it's still not useable.  I know little about engine management, but my understanding is the tune keeps the CEL off by not letting monitors set.  To get it to pass inspection it's going to need to be changed.  It's waiting to see the tuner a friend uses to see if it's possible to adjust this to where it will pass or if I'm going to have to find a stock exhaust and see what else was replaced.  He thinks at least the cam is different, what else he's not sure.  It's inching it's way closer to becoming a parts car if I can't reasonably get it legal.   

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
5/11/22 5:22 p.m.

You sure don't need to part it out! Tons of people can register it without it passing emissions. We have no inspections here for example. Never give up the ship!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/22 5:30 p.m.

I'll offer my services for you to run a FL tag on it.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
5/11/22 6:15 p.m.

No inspections in my county in WA. I'd happily be your host and provide the address for your new Washington state license plates. 

johndej
johndej Dork
5/11/22 6:45 p.m.

Yup, could make it through VA inspection as is.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/11/22 7:24 p.m.

Form a little LLC and register it in the State of Montana like the Super car guys do. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
5/11/22 8:17 p.m.

The local police departments have an issue with cars registered out of state that live here. I don't need to give them another reason to stop me at 2am leaving for work. If this can't resolved somewhat easily it will be time to send it packing.  

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/22 8:19 p.m.

I'll trade you a Miata, broken DSM, and a truckload of parts for each for it.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/22 8:20 p.m.

Yep, don't part it. SC doesn't have any sort of inspections and I would also be happy to provide a host address for you.

If it doesn't work out and if you don't want to do a 3rd party registration, call me. I'm considering replacing the G35 instead of putting an engine in it. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
5/11/22 8:38 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

It won't get parted regardless of how frustrating it gets because it's too solid a car.  It's still tempting though because it was about the same price as a good drivetrain for my monte carlo. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/22 8:44 p.m.

Well, if you are going to shove the drivetrain under the Monte, go right ahead. Hell, give me a shout and I'll come up for a weekend and help.

Do a build thread.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/22 9:02 p.m.

Yeah, the Monte Carlo aspect completely changes the "part it out" thing. 

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2IOEGM3OzN0u4SiXB6Uy3mUb2kXMzVxKNDWL4bzACav70UwVrhiumn5QwykKfEkx