Spitsix
Spitsix GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/29/23 8:31 a.m.
ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma Reader
12/29/23 11:58 p.m.

If I'm not mistaken, I don't think this is a Kit Car, I think it's an old Pontiac Mera!

drock25too
drock25too HalfDork
12/30/23 10:40 a.m.

You may be right. Just glad it's in Florida so I don't have to convince the wife that I "need " it.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/30/23 10:59 a.m.

In reply to ExcessKuma :

That's not a Mera.

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
12/30/23 12:13 p.m.

I've read that most kit 308 molds were taken off of Mera bodies, but I am not sure how accurate that is.  (The source actually said "all", but I find that especially difficult to believe)

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/30/23 2:30 p.m.

Today I learned:

Pontiac Mera 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
12/30/23 2:47 p.m.

I've see fiero s with chezee body kits back then. None were well enough done for gm to have admitted knowledge of surprise

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma Reader
12/30/23 3:53 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

In reply to ExcessKuma :

That's not a Mera.

Looked pretty similar to one. Would help if the seller actually posted more pictures/VIN

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/30/23 4:52 p.m.

I want that and am glad to not be in a position to drive to florida and smart enough to not ask stampie to grab it for me

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
12/30/23 5:59 p.m.

How do we know it is NOT a Mera?  And how did GM evade legal proceedings from Fur-ari if they were in any way associated with this effort.

I have to think that a Mera would have some collector value above that of the other Fur-ari on Fiero creations.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/1/24 12:33 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

Today I learned:

Pontiac Mera 

Same. That's nuts. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
1/1/24 12:58 p.m.

Intrigued. Almost enough to drive there to see it. 

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/1/24 1:10 p.m.

TIL this was a thing...

Interesting article from some rando car magazine from last year:

Mera

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
1/1/24 1:15 p.m.
NOHOME said:

How do we know it is NOT a Mera?  And how did GM evade legal proceedings from Fur-ari if they were in any way associated with this effort.

I have to think that a Mera would have some collector value above that of the other Fur-ari on Fiero creations.

Meta did not have side marker lights, that's one easy way to tell. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/1/24 2:11 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

I worked at a Pontiac dealership in 1988 and we ordered one. We kept it in the service write up area inside and I was all over that car from top to bottom. Real Meras we're actually fairly well made and they didn't have the louver cutout in the frunk lid. It wasn't an exact replica of a Ferrari, but with the windows up and the car indoors, it was easy to get fooled for a minute or so. Once the car was outside and you saw it from a distance, you could tell that the proportions were off just a bit. But the finish work was pretty well done. 

That body in the ad is just way too sloppy to have been a Mera. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KYeqhAJ9MMcKPOG0JDbSI8u9Mpl4ykgCByseTWJpPeiQbISE4t0eNXiS8KJKHkCz