RhodyM20
RhodyM20 New Reader
5/23/24 12:39 a.m.

Hey folks - 

This is my car. 1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 2, Ocean Blue Metallic over black. This is an "early build" car with the preferred dual-row IMS and mechanical throttle (later cars went to drive-by-wire.) It also has the limited-slip differential which was one of the few options worth having in a 996. Located in Annapolis, MD.

Predominantly southern-owned. Clean CarFax. Extensive maintenance portfolio, all at the hands of some of the best European repair shops on the East Coast. Wheels recently refinished. IMS, AOS, clutch, rear main seal, etc., all done in last few years/months.

Turnkey car with two sets of keys, full books/manuals. See digital portfolio of car here with scans of all records and detailed photo gallery: https://thecommongear.com/node/622

Asking $22500 OBRO

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
5/23/24 10:04 a.m.

Amazing. Just the car I want. But my wife also wants a masters(another) degree.  Soooo

Fupdiggity
Fupdiggity Reader
5/23/24 10:13 a.m.

oh man, this is dangerous. Do you have a picture of the option code sticker?

OLDYLR
OLDYLR GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/23/24 11:45 a.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

Me too, and not that far from me like hour and a half.  

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/23/24 12:41 p.m.

The ones I would buy same day are always on the opposite coast, and I don't have time for a fly and drive right now sad

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/23/24 12:46 p.m.

Man I'm not actually shopping for these and it has me pricing plane tickets to Annapolis.

Spearfishin
Spearfishin Reader
5/23/24 2:24 p.m.

I sent this to my wife. Awaiting her reply (99% chance it rhymes with "mow nor ducking pars"), but if that 1% chance comes through, reckon two carseats fit in that "back seat"?

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 HalfDork
5/23/24 4:25 p.m.

That seems like a very nice price for a clean 996. GLWTS

RhodyM20
RhodyM20 New Reader
5/24/24 1:39 a.m.

In reply to Fupdiggity :

Sure do:

RhodyM20
RhodyM20 New Reader
5/24/24 1:43 a.m.
Spearfishin said:

I sent this to my wife. Awaiting her reply (99% chance it rhymes with "mow nor ducking pars"), but if that 1% chance comes through, reckon two carseats fit in that "back seat"?

Jury is out on this one. People have done it but I have read it takes some finangling. I have two little ones of car seat age and candidly, have not put them back there because my back is, well, not great and it's just easier to keep using my old Trooper for the fun vehicle rides. 

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
5/24/24 7:18 a.m.

You should put this on Craigslist, so I can offer you an old Mustang for it.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
5/24/24 7:32 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

And an only low sided once r600

Spearfishin
Spearfishin Reader
5/24/24 7:57 a.m.
RhodyM20 said:
Spearfishin said:

Jury is out on this one. People have done it but I have read it takes some finangling. I have two little ones of car seat age and candidly, have not put them back there because my back is, well, not great and it's just easier to keep using my old Trooper for the fun vehicle rides. 

She actually gave me the "whatever you want to do", but it was the ominous type. Which probably means I need to let this one slide. But it looks great, and I'd love to snag it as our "fun" vehicle. Good luck with the sale! 

(And if you mean Isuzu Trooper, we've got a '98 5 speed, and have owned 3 other Troopers prior, from an '86 to this one. They're great little trucks.)

RhodyM20
RhodyM20 New Reader
5/24/24 9:22 a.m.
akylekoz said:

You should put this on Craigslist, so I can offer you an old Mustang for it.

It is on craigslist. Why haven't you reached out? 

RhodyM20
RhodyM20 New Reader
5/24/24 9:23 a.m.
Spearfishin said:
RhodyM20 said:
Spearfishin said:

She actually gave me the "whatever you want to do", but it was the ominous type. Which probably means I need to let this one slide. But it looks great, and I'd love to snag it as our "fun" vehicle. Good luck with the sale! 

(And if you mean Isuzu Trooper, we've got a '98 5 speed, and have owned 3 other Troopers prior, from an '86 to this one. They're great little trucks.)

Is it ever not the ominous type?

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/25/24 12:02 a.m.

Knew this looked familiar, saw this on the PCA market the other day. Looks like a great example (and nearby too). I wish the timing lined up better.

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
5/25/24 8:13 a.m.

In reply to RhodyM20 :

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/making-a-crowd-chaser-age-appropriate-and-track-re/154024/page1/

Oh E36 M3, I didn't know.

Well here it is, a 32k mile Spec S197 built with the wrong brand of sway bars and CC plates.

NC240Zed
NC240Zed New Reader
5/25/24 6:59 p.m.

In reply to RhodyM20 :

Very cool spec for an early 996!

I just got into grad school and need to move on from my MR2 Turbo; if it sells before your 911, I'll knock on your door! GLWS!

BTW, what do you haul on the roof racks?

RhodyM20
RhodyM20 New Reader
5/26/24 10:05 p.m.
NC240Zed said:

In reply to RhodyM20 :

Very cool spec for an early 996!

I just got into grad school and need to move on from my MR2 Turbo; if it sells before your 911, I'll knock on your door! GLWS!

BTW, what do you haul on the roof racks?

Awesomeness! 

Actually, nothing - but with history as my guide, I know that any Porsche accessory will eventually be worth more than you paid for it, so I grabbed a set while they were "affordable." My brother wants them for his 996 so they are presumably sold. 

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
5/26/24 11:07 p.m.

In reply to NC240Zed :

I have a friend looking for an MR2 turbo (I've already got one :) ).  Got a link to the ad?  Maybe I can help enable you both!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E3poJKhnst1ttk5O3K6QeoXqaSAjrBdpXpllqRBQHwaXHH8Rfh39qKe02CnLVAPS