dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/28/23 3:09 p.m.

DC deal or not? Here you go, where can you find a 500 HP vehicle for $4,000? Looks like the tire blew out, thus the body damage on the passenger side? Hey, the guy just needs some money. I am certain it has had all it's factory maintenance done based on the high quality pictures and that beautiful well cared for interior! NMNA.....

2009 Porsche Cayenne S 4.8 twin turbo V8

Docwemple
Docwemple HalfDork
11/28/23 8:16 p.m.

Owns an older Cayenne turbo, has accident, needs money. Ummm yeah, nothing wrong with that combo.

RaabTheSaab
RaabTheSaab Reader
11/28/23 10:43 p.m.

If I had the space and 4K burning a hole in my pocket I might do it just to see what I could do with it. Porsche kart? Chassis swap for older iron? Fodder for a wreck room? Target practice? 

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/29/23 8:10 a.m.

If they need money maybe they skipped out on maintaining it as well.  Possible bore scoring, coolant pipes leaking, driveshaft bearing bad, etc..  Could be a money pit fast. 

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
11/29/23 11:40 a.m.

It looks like that passenger seat has more miles on it that the car does.

calteg
calteg SuperDork
11/29/23 12:23 p.m.

Fairly certain that year, the S was naturally aspirated. Also didn't even make 400hp. 

If he has a Turbo S, that's a compeltely different beast, but I suspect this isn't a Turbo S

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/29/23 3:22 p.m.

In reply to calteg :

Looking at the pictures true, looks like just an S not a Turbo S.

Still were 380hp. Not terrible. My 2004 VW Touareg is only a 4.2l V8 with 310hp and it moves the 5000 pounds alright.

I have a second parts Touareg I plan on gutting the interior out of to lighten and we'll see how that goes. 

brandonsmash
brandonsmash GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/29/23 7:23 p.m.

This could be a good buy if this is one of the ones equipped with lockers all around. The first gens make surprisingly good overlanding rigs. If this were local to me I'd probably at least go take a look at it. 

Don't harsh the mellow by asking about maintenance or the plastic coolant hose under the intake manifold. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sG4xhJJTQV78ON7X0DFbUEnGF9bWhS1mKuhTnreLR8hjqR2PPKBdrbhqAP9ItZit