1 2
purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater Reader
10/7/20 10:10 a.m.

I'm in a world of cash crunch & I need new homes for my MGBs & parts. there's a '73 GT & a '74 chrome bumper  Tourer, 3 engines, 2 four-speeds, 2 overdrives, some trick suspension parts, 16 wheels & one aluminium head on the GT.  All kinds of money & time have been spent but I got old & ran out of gas. Now I need cash & need to give up the fantasy that I'm going to get these things done. I'd like to get $6,000 for everything, I've got more than that in either car but money talks. I'm near Frederick Maryland.  Text or phone 2403448232 Alex

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
10/7/20 10:22 a.m.

Pictures are worth thousands of words..  Might know someone who would be interested

purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater Reader
10/7/20 10:48 a.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

I don't know how to post pics here, where can I find that info? The GT you know though it's grown a dented but fixable LF fender from a meeting with Bambi.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
10/7/20 10:49 a.m.

In reply to purplepeopleeater :

How old is old?  Asking for a friend.  

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
10/7/20 10:52 a.m.
purplepeopleeater said:

In reply to Apexcarver :

I don't know how to post pics here, where can I find that info? .....

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/uploading-photos-straight-to-the-forum/136318/page1/

That should help.

GLWS

purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater Reader
10/7/20 11:04 a.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

74 Ifr I had more money & wasn't caring for my invalid wife I would have more energy.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/7/20 12:22 p.m.

I am here in Frederick and may be interested or one of my friends might be as well. I'll send you a text

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
10/7/20 1:04 p.m.

Well, its a older photo of the GT, but it still checks out... (from back in 2017 at least)

Drove this car once, autocrosses pretty well!  It must be a good car, it kept coming back to events for more than 10 years and I dont think I ever saw it really break. 

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/7/20 1:20 p.m.

That GT looks great. Is it purple or black?

dherr (Forum Supporter)
10/7/20 1:43 p.m.

Interested in seeing both cars, left you a text and  voicemail.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
10/7/20 5:46 p.m.

In reply to Slippery (Forum Supporter) :

The bgt is purple. He used to have a set of yellow wheels for it, was quite a look.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
10/7/20 11:54 p.m.

Factory called that color "aconite"

dherr (Forum Supporter)
10/8/20 11:16 a.m.

My friend is purchasing both cars. The GT is nice, very close to being a runner again and needs cosmetics but has had a bunch of neat upgrades. The roadster is one of the most solid shells I have seen in a long time. Been disassembled in the garage for 15+ years, so out of the weather. Alex said he purchased it due to the lack of rust, so a survivor that deserves to be restored. Since the engine is out and the body is so nice, we are going to clean it up and see how it looks before determining the next steps for it. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/20 11:41 a.m.
dherr (Forum Supporter) said:

My friend is purchasing both cars....  we are going to clean it up (the roadster) and see how it looks before determining the next steps for it. 

nice!  they'll both be in good hands.  my wife and i were walking in Marine City MI the other day and there was a B parked on the main drag.  Mama said "I'd ride in something like that", so maybe there's an LBC in my future.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
10/8/20 12:02 p.m.

I would have bought them both, but I have a TR8 coming from New Mexico in the next week, so with two MR2's, a Spitfire, MSM and the TR8 and a customer project car with the TR4A, it made no sense for me, but perfect for my friend who already has the V8 MGB project almost done.

purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater Reader
10/8/20 4:07 p.m.

In reply to dherr (Forum Supporter) :

I'll miss the GT & it pisses me off that I never got to finish the Tourer but my MO over the years has been to finish one out of 3 projects I start so there we go.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
10/9/20 7:20 a.m.

Glad they've gone to a good home.  No garage space kicked me out.  

dherr (Forum Supporter)
10/10/20 6:57 p.m.

We picked up both MGB's from Alex today and brought them to the shop. Cars were dirty but are very nice once they are cleaned up. Don't know what the plans are yet for the roadster, it has very low miles and is completely rust free. It also has a rebuilt short block and an overdrive transmission. The GT we will get running and play with it for a while as it is set up for autocross and looks like a fun car.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/10/20 7:26 p.m.

That GT is a crazy color. 

This story has a happy ending, although I have to say that my (stock) MG experience did not lead me to expect it to be a good autocross candidate. 

dherr (Forum Supporter)
10/10/20 7:49 p.m.

Apparently this one has some trick parts on it. Beyond the Koni stocks, it has some suspension modifications to give it more caster and camber and uprated sway bars. Agree the color is pretty crazy, but it is really growing on me.

Keith Tanner
10/10/20 8:13 p.m.

Crazy is not bad!

Ottawa
Ottawa GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/10/20 9:16 p.m.

I assume the colour is "Black Tulip"

Which is a typically great British description (a sin what we call a "speed bump" they call a "sleeping bobby")

Keith Tanner
10/10/20 9:40 p.m.

I would also accept "aubergine".

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/10/20 9:41 p.m.

Well bought and sold. Congrats all around. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/10/20 10:08 p.m.
dherr (Forum Supporter) said:

We picked up both MGB's from Alex today and brought them to the shop. Cars were dirty but are very nice once they are cleaned up. Don't know what the plans are yet for the roadster, it has very low miles and is completely rust free. It also has a rebuilt short block and an overdrive transmission. The GT we will get running and play with it for a while as it is set up for autocross and looks like a fun car

Is that wearing datsun rims?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DwbJgFLHAecoU3gFcQN8qkOSeInDbBocq6hMBPqWVftU7SRFNe2TQObmNpUhGz2A