accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
9/20/21 11:52 a.m.

- Not sold, but on hold while the car undergoes some regularly scheduled maintenance - 

JAdams
JAdams New Reader
9/20/21 12:14 p.m.

I bet this thing is a blast! I have basically the same car but in a NA chassis and it's a riot and I can't imagine shaving off ~700lbs. GLWS!

accordionfolder
9/20/21 12:42 p.m.

In reply to JAdams :

It's a fun thing, that's for sure! I just want to get into w2w with my TT miata. Which involves caging it, K-swapping to be competitive etc - The Exocet has more or less sat this season other than some random upgrades. The budget says I can't keep it and do that so.... gotta go!

accordionfolder
9/28/21 8:16 a.m.

FUND MY RACE CAR ADDICTION. (please)

jwagner (Forum Supporter)
jwagner (Forum Supporter) Reader
10/2/21 11:02 p.m.

Looks well sorted and I can attest that they're a hoot to drive and incredibly easy on consumables.  Sold mine almost two years ago and I do miss it.  GLWTS.

motobill
motobill New Reader
10/3/21 11:45 a.m.

Sent an email through the forum. Interested if it's still available. Have some questions re: title and smog.

Bill

accordionfolder
10/4/21 9:16 a.m.

In reply to motobill :

Hey Bill - I checked my Spam and inbox and I haven't received anything yet!

motobill
motobill New Reader
10/4/21 4:44 p.m.

Trying again...

motobill
motobill New Reader
10/5/21 5:52 p.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

I sent another email. If you did not receive it, please email me: motobill at gmail.

Thanks.

accordionfolder
10/12/21 1:16 p.m.

In reply to motobill :

Very sorry - I missed this post. I've replied to your 2nd? email - it was buried in my spam folder after I searched for your email as above.

eedavis
eedavis GRM+ Member
11/17/21 9:09 a.m.

Still for sale, pls?  (I can't DM, due to being new here)

accordionfolder
11/17/21 11:06 a.m.

In reply to eedavis :

I sent you a PM, let me know if you don't see it - I've had a lot of GRM-email go into my spam...

Nick_R_23
Nick_R_23 None
1/23/22 7:12 p.m.

Did you have any fitment issues with the V8R arms and the Fox coilovers? I'm planning on this for mine.

accordionfolder
1/23/22 7:19 p.m.

In reply to Nick_R_23 :

Hey there, I had to do some minor grinding on the rear, but it was VERY minor. Besides that fitment on mine was no problem - I have rear upper Paco arms BTW, front bottom/top and rear bottom are v8r

Nick_R_23
Nick_R_23 New Reader
1/23/22 9:18 p.m.

Thanks for the reply! I'm surprised to hear it was the rear that rubbed, I would've guessed it was the front. Did you end up grinding on the arms themselves or the shock eye?

accordionfolder
1/24/22 9:42 a.m.

In reply to Nick_R_23 :

No problemo - yeah the rear just needed a bit of grinding on the shock eye that mounts into the lower arm, just a bit of an angle on one of the edges if I remember correctly - like 10 seconds of grinding and refitting. 

accordionfolder
1/24/22 3:18 p.m.

In reply to Nick_R_23 :

You can see the tiny notch I had to make, but of course your milage may vary - just my experience with them.

Nick_R_23
Nick_R_23 New Reader
1/24/22 3:29 p.m.

Oh wow, that's it? Everyone's making it sound like the entire shock body hits. Definitely appreciate the info and pictures! Time to get a set of these on the way. 

accordionfolder
1/24/22 3:49 p.m.

In reply to Nick_R_23 :

My car does sit "high" relative to most exocets because I have 13" wheels I run on it, I'll have to go and look closer to make sure I'm not missing something, but I don't see any witness marks that look out of place. Do you know where most people say their shocks hit the arms? 

Nick_R_23
Nick_R_23 New Reader
1/24/22 6:10 p.m.

Not really, just that there are several claims out there that the Fox shocks interfere with V8R arms at the bottom, but other than that it's been pretty sparse on finding any details of what actually interferes or to what extent. Even FM themselves weren't entirely sure when I called and inquired about it. 

I plan on running a taller ride height than most as well. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IEPHn5x5Qw5DStfTl7AMGg3trE3CFNRCwBlnmHMskR9NfbpCjjDPJP0l0rqhP3aS