TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
7/8/14 2:26 p.m.

Decisions, decisions. Part of me says to restore it exactly as it was when raced in its day by a British Leyland dealer. The other part of me says lets move on and go vintage racing as a TR8. We already have three 2.0 litre four bangers and three V8 engines, so its a wash in that way.

I'm thinking mostly to run it in new colors as a TR8, which I'm sure is the route we'll take, but what are your thoughts?

erohslc
erohslc HalfDork
7/8/14 3:09 p.m.

Run it in THOSE colors as a V-8

impster
impster Reader
7/8/14 7:41 p.m.

If you go w/ the V8, it will be easy enough to swap back to a 4 cyl at a later date. It's not as though you're going to make any non-reversible changes. And let's face it, the 8 will be a hell of a lot more fun.

TR8owner
TR8owner HalfDork
7/9/14 7:53 a.m.

In reply to impster:

I agree. As much as I love the look of these webers, the V8 would be faster and more reliable. The car was ran with the V8 by a later owner. This car does have a unique build since it was built originally by a Canadian BL dealer who had connections with the special tuning department in the UK. It was more Euro spec than SCCA. Note the front fibreglass nose which was how it was run. Lots of interesting mods that you wouldn't have seen on the SCCA cars of the day.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
maWT1lEi1hcD8aRVgNGCVb7F2bUkOIx7Szr6mXTRIU7Hg70vlAfLSuGlhCK6gFFj