Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
3/22/24 11:23 a.m.
feature_image

What’s more challenging than building a competitive race car for just $2000? How about building a race car for less than $2000 in the parking lot the day before the event?

That’s the whole idea behind the parking lot build at our official hotel, an unofficial challenge within the challenge that has become a mainstay of our Grassroots Motorsports $2000 …

Read the rest of the story

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/22/24 11:33 a.m.

berkeley yeah!  i hope my car is sorted enough (jinx! i owe myself a coke!) that i can lend a hand with this.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
3/25/24 11:11 a.m.

I know I work here and all, but the $2000 Challenge is one of my favorite events on the calendar.

I really love the creativity you all bring, and I'm excited to see what wild builds show up this year.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/25/24 11:18 a.m.

And we're making progress on the car between now and then. Knocked out several to-do items this past weekend. We'll be working on it at night for the next 2 weeks as well as one last big push next weekend before I drag it to the hotel!

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/25/24 11:36 a.m.

I keep thinking that I should come down early and help out somehow, then I remember I am a crap mechanic and slow as a bonus...

Looks brilliant so far, lots of luck! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XbhMyQZsqBU59vHz4wZ6I52fEYgZxdnGivij5FrTcLFjdbbP4ZL9NK2WGSQCREwS