Evanuel9
Evanuel9 Reader
3/12/24 4:10 p.m.

Budget has increased by about $2000, opening up some options. I test drove some more cars and my top two have become the toyobaru and - in a far second place - the fiesta st. I cannot get over the 86 and so I am trying really hard to get one. I found a couple cheap ones but they are farther away and my parents want me to have them checked out before I fly out to drive it home. Is there anyone near Pawtucket Rhode Island to look at this one? Is there anyone near French Settlement LA to look at this one? If so please post or email me.

Rhode Island:

Product photo of 2013 Scion FR-S · Coupe 2D

Louisiana:

Product photo of 2014 Scion FR-S · Coupe 2D

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/12/24 4:30 p.m.

I have nothing to add other than Rhode Island is the same climate as Chicago so it will be as rusty as a 190k car in Chicago. 

If your gonna travel far for a car, do not travel to the rust belt. 

EDIT: FYI, the red is a rebuilt title car.  

Evanuel9
Evanuel9 Reader
3/12/24 4:34 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I don't know why but I didn't think of that lol. For some reason I had an idea of this kind of rust being a midwest thing. Avoid it?

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/12/24 4:42 p.m.

The only guy I know in Pawtucket is Peter Griffin, but I don't think I'd trust him to check out a car.

Evanuel9
Evanuel9 Reader
3/12/24 4:45 p.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

Lol. I figured there must be someone around that area that might be able or willing. Ive never bought a car before let alone private party and 500 miles away, and in my car recommendations thread i was suggested to see if as GRMer could check it out for me 

chknhwk
chknhwk Dork
3/14/24 8:56 a.m.

I'm right around the corner from Pawtucket if you still need somebody to look at just lmk.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/14/24 9:32 a.m.
Evanuel9 said:

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

Lol. I figured there must be someone around that area that might be able or willing. Ive never bought a car before let alone private party and 500 miles away, and in my car recommendations thread i was suggested to see if as GRMer could check it out for me 

Evanuel9 - I didn't see your other thread but I'd suggest you start a thread along the lines of "Looking to buy an FRS or BRZ - help me find one". Within the thread, list what you're looking for more specifically - budget, colors, options, mileage, etc. I'm like most folks here in that I love to shop for cars even when it is for someone else. Odds are someone here will find exactly what you want - or perhaps already owns it and is looking to sell!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qvSdXpbAmQ9jxucGnDo2nEHUVFyc9auCVJTfGLFXg8kHduzyb2mP6wugWtHkgG6I