nepa03focus
nepa03focus Reader
4/13/14 5:00 p.m.

Just wanted to check here before I ordered. Has anyone ever had bad luck with doing so? My wife's forte needs a new tire as I found two bubbles in the sidewall from this past winter I'm assuming. And tires-easy or something like that has the correct one new of course for 21$ less than tire rack with free shipping. So, any reason to beware? Thanks guys. Oh yeah and they have a 99.3 positive feedback

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
4/13/14 5:32 p.m.

I dunno, doode. I just bought 2 from tires-easy off ebay yesterday, though, so if you want to wait until Thursday when they get here, I'll let you know.

I need 2 for the back of my LS400. Looking closer, the dealer put 2 new ones on the front and the back 2 are about gone, and that was about the only place I could find that had the matching tires. I suppose I could drive to Tulsa and pay dealer prices, but I though I'd just get them off ebay. This brand (Sigma Mirada) isn't carried by my usual online dealers (Tirerack and Discount Tire) or I would have bought from them.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Reader
4/13/14 5:45 p.m.

Got ya, thanks, hope everything goes smoothly.

whenry
whenry HalfDork
4/13/14 6:30 p.m.

I was looking for specific 911 rear size that TR doesnt carry and realized that it was an ebay ad for Discount Tire Direct and several dollars more expensive per tire than the Discount Tire website. Just do your research.

TeamEvil
TeamEvil Reader
4/13/14 6:56 p.m.

I've bought tires off of eBay, Craigslist, Tire Rack, and Used Tire Warehouse and each one delivered just what I expected and paid for.

Just read the ad copy carefully and you'll be all set.

I never buy tires form the regular outlets around here, always turn to the internet, always save money and get just what I want.

Luck,

TC

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Reader
4/13/14 7:03 p.m.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease guys. How much should one expect to pay for dismounting/ mounting , balancing... If you supply the tire? Never done it that way before yet.

obxninja
obxninja New Reader
4/13/14 8:22 p.m.

I buy tires on eBay all the time and have had good luck with it.

I have them mounted locally at a used tire shop. They charge $16 per tire which includes dismount of old tires, mounting the new ones and balancing.

If the tires that are coming off have any life left in them, I let the guy keep them and he resells them on to someone else. Otherwise, I take my old tires with me and drop them off at my county's bulk trash dropoff.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/13/14 8:37 p.m.

Haven't bought them off ebay but I've done business with tires-easy a few times and all has gone quite well. Not quite as fast or efficient as tire rack but I live about 45 minutes from the local tire rack depot so that might not be a fair assessment. And they did carry lines that TR didn't which is how I found them when looking for a particular tire.

calteg
calteg Reader
4/13/14 8:54 p.m.

I'll be the voice of dissent.

Right after college I bought two front tires for the Fit off of ebay. I was on a cross country move when one of them sounded like it blew out in El Paso. Turns out it was a retread and a large strip had seperated and beat the hell out of my fender.

I rescanned the auction and it had advertised them as new. I filed a complaint, but nothing came of it. Considering how many reputable tire sellers there are, I don't see any reason to take chances with eBay tires.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/13/14 8:55 p.m.

I, too have had great luck with Tires-easy, Tirerack, and Discount Tire Direct on eBay. My local tire guy does a flat $90 fee for four tires mounted and balanced with new valve stems. Tirerack is the fastest but Tires-easy tends to have the best selection. Discount on eBay sometimes has crazy deals, but sometimes they are weirdly more expensive than the website, go figure.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
4/18/14 8:30 p.m.

As a followup, tires arrived Thursday, as described. Installed by wally world today for $30.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Reader
4/18/14 10:04 p.m.

Great thanks for the update. I will problly order after next payday

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7XtEeosMUgq3cO83Ho6KDrtjvUdoqr8WuyNSQHUFqb88g0RsNJghdMurnBf98u4j