malibuguy
malibuguy GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/6/18 12:36 p.m.

Pics or it didnt happen :p

barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
5/6/18 1:00 p.m.

In reply to malibuguy :

And there is my boy. Eating Taco Bell, and looking stoned enough to be eating Taco Bell.

malibuguy
malibuguy GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/6/18 3:00 p.m.

sweet you got a sport!  Ours is Lunar Silver.  Might change the wheels eventually.  I think the gloss black wheels on a silver car dont work too well.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
5/6/18 5:14 p.m.

Nice color! Congrats on the new car! It's really not a boring drive. Is it still the same where you have to step up to the sport trim in order to get cruise control? 

barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
5/6/18 6:16 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke :

I think cruise is standard. I don't know. You have to get a sport or better to get alloy wheels. 

All I know is I have AC, a good stereo, and a fun little car that has to be a safer place than my S10. Did I mention AC? Summer is coming. Google St. George UT.

Driven5
Driven5 SuperDork
5/7/18 10:13 a.m.
barefootskater said:

I maybe shouldn't have opted for the warranties but the mrs thought it was a good idea.

Does she happen to have an FCA or VAG product in her automotive history? wink

Also, I like the non-boring color choice and love the non-boring 'family with the new car' pic.  Congrats on the both car and the fam!

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
5/8/18 6:47 a.m.

Very cool! Just remember: Hennessey Honda of Woodstock eats whole buffets of dicks.

barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
5/8/18 9:49 a.m.

In reply to poopshovel again :

Thanks. I hear that a lot around here but I don't really know why and haven't had much luck searching. Link to explanation/backstory?

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
9/28/19 3:48 p.m.

Well that story is over. Traded it in on a Mazda5. The money made sense and we cut our debt in half. Also if another kid happens we’ll be set. Pictures incoming. 

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
9/28/19 4:56 p.m.

*edit. Didn’t notice the horns in the photo when I took it. Safe to say... ahem... she loves it. 

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
9/28/19 6:51 p.m.

Is this replacing the Camry for primary family hailing duties? Either way, congrats! That should certainly serve you well.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
9/28/19 7:09 p.m.

In reply to Driven5 :

The fit has been doing family duty since we sold the Camry 3 months ago. This is better. I loved the Fit, but we’re working to get out of debt and be better prepared for a possible drop in income. 

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
9/28/19 7:31 p.m.

Sounds like a good choice all around.

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/28/19 7:58 p.m.

The Mazda5 are great little vans. They were/are quirky but I can totally see the upgrade from a Fit cause they're along the same lines. 

Congrats on the new ride. I sold my focus for the same debt reduction reasons. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3dwKzdkHHD15PvNYwjNGWGZGjs61ddm3y20DZmmnvaJwkHTGbjPrOZvwE2zxVYTE