1 2
ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS Reader
2/5/24 8:22 a.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

It's sold. My neighbor owns it now. 
He has been having a string of bad luck, his pick up truck got totaled sitting in front of his house, and then the beautiful 90s Integra that he had restored from a bare shell got totaled a few days ago. He got a helicopter ride out of that one.

Uninsured drivers, both times. 

I had floated a suggestion that I would ask for $3000, but when I learned the circumstances, I told him I wasn't messing around, and he could have it for $2000. I feel like his recent run of bad luck fits the situation I was in when I got it, so I was good with making the deal that I offered.  I don't have to mess around with selling it and it's going to someone who really needs it. 

that sucks about your neighbor and his string of bad luck...  I hope he is feeling better after his helicopter ride, the few people I have known that needed one of those generally spent several days/weeks in a hospital after.  

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
2/5/24 9:20 a.m.

We all need more friends like the doc! No, I take that back.  We all need to be a friend like the doc. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/5/24 1:04 p.m.

The guy is not even a really someone I would call a friend, we just talk about cars occasionally. 

That wasn't a factor my decision. 

Well done! Another feel-good chapter in the history of Grandpa's old truck!  Hopefully you made sure the new owner knows about the GMT400 thread here, so he can get tips and provide occasional updates. 

Loren_SD
Loren_SD New Reader
2/5/24 6:05 p.m.

That six-lug 2500 is a "light-duty 3/4 ton" with the half-ton frame, probably a 350K motor and a tough semi-float 14-bolt rear.  I had one that was a good truck for a long time.  2K to a neighbor is fair.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E3wPYdKEzxXmi46x7oWlWUaDgCca09CBg3FIkTaW6THeZWYVXYTyGIlDbm9HGrm6