Whlsup1
Whlsup1
2/7/11 11:32 a.m.

Does anyone have any build pics from a similar project. I was curious to see some of the ideas used to make things like the front and rear suspension work. I currently have 2 mk1 jettas one good and one rough so I was looking into doing something a little crazy to the rough one. Thanks for any help.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
2/7/11 11:49 a.m.

This is an extreme example, since the car was widened about a foot or so, but here's a 928 V8 in a rabbit.

RossD
RossD Dork
2/7/11 11:59 a.m.

Would you make it rear wheel drive too?

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
2/7/11 12:02 p.m.
RossD wrote: Would you make it rear wheel drive too?

I didn't think about that, I just assumed. If you want to stay FWD, I know there's a MKII Golf with a Northstar in it.

Whlsup1
Whlsup1 New Reader
2/7/11 12:15 p.m.

I'd like to go rear wheel drive. Do you have pics of that north star from the under side and what did you do for struts to hold the weight. In reply to 16vCorey:

Hopsonn
Hopsonn New Reader
2/7/11 12:56 p.m.

In reply to Whlsup1:

The Coupe de Golf was built by Cam Waugh sp? at CWStuning in Saskatchewan. I only know of Cam through the Festiva boards as he built one of the first B6T swapped Festivas.

Last I heard he had been seriously injured in an accident, and I haven't heard anything of him or seen any updates to the CWStuning page here in years.

That said, there are some good build pictures here, and alot of other interesting projects in the rest of the gallery.

http://www.cwstuning.com/gallery/coupe-degolf

doc_speeder
doc_speeder Reader
2/7/11 5:27 p.m.

In reply to Hopsonn: Cam was hurt pretty bad a few years back. He's back at it now. The website has never really been up to date before or after his accident, but a phone call works good. If you're interested in a VW swapped anything (or anything swapped into a VW), I doubt there's anybody better to talk to than him.
BTW, the Coupe-de-Golf was way better in person. Pictures really don't do the swap justice.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/7/11 5:35 p.m.

I think a 928 powered and widened scirocco would have been better

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X85J4ZxAEPl4cMVE0cOGHPd8LzY5e2Ni3B6LhBrXXHAA3PrxZaFKLDfukgdMUTcK