Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
9/22/17 9:46 p.m.

Did somebody say Delorean ?

Do it !

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/23/17 5:58 a.m.

Still can't decide if I'd like the wooden flatbed look better or the NASCAR truck style. Need to find something strong enough to make a frame for either option laying around this week. 

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
9/23/17 6:36 a.m.

I think I have an extra roll out Cargo cover that fits in the back of a C4, cant weigh more than a couple pounds. how wide and long do you need.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/23/17 7:05 a.m.

One of my employees found me a fabric tonneau cover with snaps but I don't think that is the direction I'm going. 

The Infiniti has room for 70-80" long 80 requires a shorter driver and 63-66" wide. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/23/17 7:18 a.m.

We can bring free bedrails to weld in. Could reenforce the structure and serve as a platform for a bed cover.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/23/17 8:09 a.m.

The original paint idea. Also my idea of how we would make a frame for whatever we make the bed out of 

My other poor idea is to buy this Q45 Link for $900 because I probably could and drive it to the event chop the fenders and install the suspension and nitrous in the parking lot of the challenge. The ultimate DD challenge car and the riskiest thing I could think of doing. 

Stampie
9/23/17 8:19 a.m.
Stampie
9/23/17 8:21 a.m.
Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/23/17 8:50 a.m.

I don't think there is a cheaper way to get 340 hp but I want to be done towing heavy cars around. 

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
9/24/17 6:48 a.m.

Well if it wern't for the distance, I also saved the roof Skin from a 64 Chevy II Wagon ,plenty long But may not be wide enough.  Maybe someone can measure up a VAN roof and cut it off to use. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/24/17 8:20 a.m.

Finally people are buying things I wanted off the wedding registry. It's a tight squeeze to put it on but I fit. 

Stampie
9/24/17 8:46 a.m.

I want to see you do the Concours in that so bad. 

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
9/24/17 9:30 a.m.

Spectacular! 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
9/24/17 10:01 a.m.

Given the date of this year's Challenge it appears we will be having a combined Halloween/Oktoberfest celebration...and that's a good thing!devil

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/25/17 6:07 p.m.

Bled the brakes today then I tried to start the car. Bad news looks like I cut a wire somewhere and the fuel pump isn't coming on. Good news I found he wires I accidentally cut. Will splice them back together tomorrow. 

Willis
Willis New Reader
9/26/17 6:35 a.m.

My window on Saturday: I'll be there at 8am and can stay until noonish.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/26/17 7:17 a.m.

In reply to Willis :

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get everything else ready that we can try to make the frame for the bed between 8-12. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/27/17 4:57 p.m.

I'm starting to get concerned about the structural stability. The rear is moving away from the door. 

Willis
Willis New Reader
9/27/17 6:29 p.m.

Wow.  How much has the ute been driven?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/27/17 7:18 p.m.

Fixed the wiring today, I'll set it down for the first drive as a ute tomorrow. That may contain burnouts and aggressive driving. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/27/17 7:41 p.m.

Do you have it up on stands? I would think it would go the other way at least sitting on the wheels.

Does the door still work? Maybe your strikers slipped but you can retighten them?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/27/17 7:54 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Currently on jackstands, both doors open and close still and they both have an increased gap up top.

If I push down on the back bumper the flex is noticeable. 

Stampie
9/27/17 8:38 p.m.

Might I suggest you brace it before anything happens?  WAG and get someone to push it back straightish before welding in a few braces.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/17 10:37 p.m.

Weld the back doors shut

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
9/28/17 9:10 a.m.

^^^ What he said^^^

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zWwY4twbG3F9q36DXQEOkXa4LhzWs7Aa0Im6sWqpajjotNFlYJdagVEvXCMW0pFV