1 2 3 4
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/25/18 11:45 a.m.

In reply to A 401 CJ :

You would be surprised. Suzuki has made really capable off roaders that don’t need crazy aggressive tires to go places. We took ours off-roading in central Arizona on kumho  716 all season touring tires. Granted in 2wd it was a handful up those mountain switchbacks. But once the driver remembered the OTHER shifter and slipped it into 4wd it was stupid easy to drive. 

I still miss ours even though in an certain it’s likely already returned to the earth here. 

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
11/25/18 12:38 p.m.

I actually just looked up some info on it and in the UK they put it on sale for just under $20k US for the Base model and just above $23k US for the loaded model. 

On top of that, it’s supposed to get around 34 mpg highway with the 5-Speed, which is phenomenal. 

If they sold this here, I would definitely be looking at getting one. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/18 3:21 p.m.

If they were available here I do believe I would break my rules about no new cars. I'd need to get one to park next to this. 

AAZCD
AAZCD Reader
11/25/18 3:53 p.m.
Toyman01 said:

If they were available here I do believe I would break my rules about no new cars. I'd need to get one to park next to this.

I sold my Tin-Top back in 2015, at the time, thinking I had too many cars. 'Too many' - What a silly thought.

Toyman01
11/25/18 4:09 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD :

The good thing about the Samurai is it doesn't take up much room. laugh

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
11/30/18 8:17 p.m.

Some owners have taken possession and they’re already showing up with new wheels and tires. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/30/18 9:20 p.m.

Those look amazing.

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon Reader
12/4/18 11:22 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
12/4/18 12:14 p.m.

In reply to MotorsportsGordon :

Wow, what a heavily opinionated article. Doesn’t change my mind.

Toyman01
12/4/18 12:28 p.m.

I'm not sure I agree with his opinion. I see a lot of these on the road. Same premise, similar price range ($27K for the 4WD). These just come with FCA legendary reliability. Jeep doesn't seem to have any problems moving them off the lots. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
12/4/18 12:38 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid said:

Agreed.  I didn't see him list all of these superior alternatives.    

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
12/4/18 1:08 p.m.

I'm surprised nobody has brought up the Roxor.  It seems like a pretty close substitute for the Jimny and you CAN buy it in the US.  It can be registered for road use in some states.  In Utah, it can be registered as a street legal UTV, limited to roads with speed limits of 55mph or lower.

Toyman01
12/4/18 2:12 p.m.

In reply to 2002maniac :

Not street legal in SC, no A/C, no roof. That's no better than the Polaris Ranger I already have.

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
12/4/18 3:50 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

No I agree with you, I priced out a 1.4 turbo manual 6 speed 4x4 and it was about 20k with cloth and no fancy nav - thats a long bang for the buck but I cannot get that trim in the tan color or they got rid of that tan, which is a shame...

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
12/4/18 7:24 p.m.

In reply to 2002maniac :

It’s not street legal in most states. It’s cool, but it can’t do highway speeds without an ECU flash. The Jimny is more appealing as an on/off-road vehicle. The Roxor just seems to be suited better as an off-road only vehicle. 

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
12/4/18 7:28 p.m.
spitfirebill said:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid said:

Agreed.  I didn't see him list all of these superior alternatives.    

Well he mentions the F150 and Wrangler enough, I thought those were his alternatives. cheeky

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xEiKBTFfoUv06tw6DWCfIRHmV70sohvXV95VDrkbPk6arKNSO6fvNd48fRYxqRDI