1 2 3 4
SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
2/9/23 9:43 p.m.

Also did a full detail. Just to have a decent starting point. 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/10/23 7:39 a.m.

Nice truck! Did the PO rhino line the front of the hood and grille? 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
2/10/23 7:41 a.m.

In reply to TJL (Forum Supporter) :

Yes. Also the rockers, running boards, and bumpers. 

It's a bit faded, and has a couple chips in it, but it's not a bad look. I'll probably have it redone at some point. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
2/10/23 7:43 a.m.

This truck has spent some time in the woods (hunter), but it's clear the guy took good care of it. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
2/10/23 9:09 a.m.

Good looking truck, great buy.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UltraDork
2/10/23 1:34 p.m.
SV reX said:

In reply to 93gsxturbo :

I don't have time to go searching for a bro local yokel who wants to swap exhaust. The exhaust shop says they can swap in a decent muffler for $280. That works for me. 

If that's not good enough, I'll have them add back the resonators. 

Post an add and have Billy Hillrod pay a shop to do it while you have a beer.  

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
2/10/23 1:49 p.m.

In reply to 93gsxturbo :

You are assuming I have time to sit and have a beer while my truck is out of commission. 

Nope. 

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UltraDork
2/10/23 3:28 p.m.
SV reX said:

In reply to 93gsxturbo :

The exhaust shop says they can swap in a decent muffler for $280. That works for me. 

If that's not good enough, I'll have them add back the resonators. 

You are assuming I have time to sit and have a beer while my truck is out of commission. 

Nope. 

But you have time to take it to a shop and have them cut a perfectly good exhaust up and rebuild it - maybe even twice if they cant succeed the first time?  I dont fully understand the thought process there but hey your cash your truck your time.  Spend it as you wish.  

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
2/10/23 3:47 p.m.

In reply to 93gsxturbo :

Not everything is about saving nickels.

I can make an appointment, show up, and 30 minutes later leave with a finished truck. While I'm waiting, I can do work remotely on my phone.

Spending a bunch of time searching for someone with whom I could cut a deal for used exhaust is a completely ineffective use of my time. I could spend hours doing it. And while I'm doing it, I can't do the work I get paid for.

If you'd like the old exhaust system, it'll be my gift to you. Feel free to find someone to work an odd trade with.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
2/10/23 3:49 p.m.

...and it's NOT a "perfectly good exhaust system".  It's a modified system that does not function as it was originally designed, exceeds noise pollution standards, and doesn't fit my needs. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/18/23 5:29 p.m.
SV reX said:
Opti said:

So what do you think about the 5.0 vs the EB?

I'm gonna reserve judgement for a little while. I hate the exhaust and need to change it before I have an opinion. The tires aren't helping either. 

The EB is a rocket when you stomp on it. I don't think the 5.0 will have a similar power delivery. But I always drove my EB with 2000 lbs on board, and it's not a rocket then. I have a feeling the power will feel very similar in the 5.0 when loaded, and deliver the power without the turbo lag in a very linear manner. 

I'm reopening this thread, because I never answered this question. I wanted to get a few miles on the 5.0L before I offered an opinion. 

I've put 5000 miles on the 5.0L, and feel like I have a pretty clear picture of both motors now. 

In my opinion, the 3.5L Ecoboost is a better motor in every way.  It's more powerful, much more responsive. It can tow more, and tows better. It's smoother for normal driving, and significantly faster when you stomp on it. The only thing the 5.oL has going for it is that it is a V8, and some people just love their V8's. 

Having said that, I have no regrets. I think the 5.0L is a better work truck for me. I like the simpler engine and engine management. It's a friendlier place for most mechanics, and I expect my maintenance costs to be lower. 

One day I'll have another EB, but as long as my primary need is for a work truck that I drive 1000 miles per week, I'll keep my V8.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4EDFJodcy0hlLYHknQ7RNymyQSsYiC9FczkKliTsVQKxQUCCupu3bsnCzpL7nHwT