Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
10/10/18 9:17 p.m.

...We had a good reason! Our first child, Aria, was born 9/27. We found out about her pretty early on so we spent this whole year knowing we wouldn't make it, but the plan was always to head straight back in 2019.  Eagerly awaiting the subclass discussion for next year. Best of luck to all the Challengers this year! laugh

pres589
pres589 PowerDork
10/10/18 9:19 p.m.

Congratulations! Hope everyone is doing well. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
10/10/18 9:20 p.m.

In reply to Vigo :

Congratulations!  Kids are awesome, and life changing.  Enjoy every moment.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/10/18 9:21 p.m.

Congratulations to both of you! I've Aria's pics in Instagram, she is beautiful!

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/10/18 9:26 p.m.

Holy cats! Congratulations! Enjoy being a dad, there will be another Challenge next year. 

Cooter
Cooter Dork
10/10/18 9:26 p.m.

Congratulations!

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/10/18 9:29 p.m.

Congratulations. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/10/18 9:37 p.m.

Congratulations. See the entire family next year? smiley

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/10/18 9:38 p.m.

You've got time to make it, they really just poop and sleep at this age, so you won't be missing much. 

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
10/10/18 9:39 p.m.

Congratulations. See the entire family next year? smiley

You bet! 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/10/18 9:46 p.m.

Im missing it too because I had a wedding to attend this past weekend. Couldn't justify going out of town 4 consecutive weekends! 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/10/18 10:40 p.m.

Congrats. Nothing better than a little one around. 

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/10/18 10:50 p.m.

Congratulations! I've only met one other Aria, but she's Good People. An auspicious start.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/11/18 8:25 a.m.

In reply to Vigo :

Congrats on the baby!

Me too.  Missing The Challenge.  It had nothing to do with "no drags" and all to do with not being able to figure out a way to leave my working wife (teacher) with 2 small kids (4yr and 8 months) for 3-5 days.    In recent years past we had a niece living here in town who helped facilitate my ability to get away.  She was living here with Grammy while her husband was stationed in Guantanamo, but, last month he returned State-side and they are all together back in Iowa (or Nebraska I don't really remember -- just not here.) 

Add to all this that we have to be in Huntsville, AL next weekend for a family wedding.  In a perfect world (or my world 4 years ago) I would just have  meet my wife in Huntsville coming directly from Gainesville.  But, now, not fair or really feasible to ask her to travel solo with 2 kids.  

Oh, and there is this pesky thing called WORK that gets in the way of all this too.  

Great luck and good times to all who are in Gainesville!   

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/11/18 8:32 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

The no drags this year was a blessing in disguise because it really would be a stupid financial decision on my part to go right now.

Vigo, congratulations on the baby.  Abby will be 5 next year, I’m sure she will help keep Aria entertained in the pavilion 

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/11/18 10:43 a.m.

Congrats!

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
10/11/18 11:05 a.m.

Congrats man! That's great news!!!

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/11/18 11:15 a.m.

Wonderful news, congratulations!

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
10/11/18 1:37 p.m.

In reply to Vigo :

I believe the ultimate challenge has been delivered to your doorstep, congratulations sir, enjoy!

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
10/11/18 2:59 p.m.

Also congrats!  Kids are great, sort of like a boat awesome when you get them and just as awesome when they finally leave. cheeky

I’m also missing the Challenge this year.  Cars have utterly failed to come together and the seasonal change already has me wanting to hibernate till spring.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/11/18 3:35 p.m.

yes

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
10/11/18 4:05 p.m.

My girl was born 9/27 as well. Congrats! Not that I would have made it to Challenge anyway, but totally borrowing that excuse now.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ksqd9DJddqLUPeM6u9zd0DyPKw3JX7fKIFEiISeCJ63JGd08Im03747izAHfgw2a