1 2 3
JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
2/6/16 2:45 p.m.

Hoping the GRM crew is ok, please check in when possible.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
2/6/16 2:47 p.m.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
2/6/16 2:47 p.m.

Yeah, big looking hit. Facebook post from another team says they are OK

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/6/16 2:48 p.m.

if you guys would follow GRM on twitter:

GrassrootsMotorsport ‏@grm_mag 3 minutes ago Looks like our weekend is ending early. Driver is okay. Car not so much.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
2/6/16 2:50 p.m.
patgizz wrote: if you guys would follow GRM on twitter: GrassrootsMotorsport ‏@grm_mag 3 minutes ago Looks like our weekend is ending early. Driver is okay. Car not so much.

no...just no. I have no need for twitter in my life when Im not out on a banger rally and hell there are new apps and tools which make it not even relevant for banger rallies any more.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
2/6/16 2:51 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Yeah, big looking hit. Facebook post from another team says they are OK

lol...you know that was me that posted right above you on the lounge post about it ;) or maybe you don't... :)

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
2/6/16 2:56 p.m.

In reply to JThw8:

Yup, saw you there. Came here looking for more info from GRM.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/6/16 2:58 p.m.

Glad to hear nobody is injured. Yikes!

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
2/6/16 3:10 p.m.

Ouch! Big hit.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
2/6/16 3:17 p.m.

Somebody has to say it...

Glad to hear all are okay but a hit like that can still ring your bell pretty good!

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/16 3:17 p.m.

Wow!! That's a hard hit. I'm glad everyone is OK.

t25torx
t25torx Dork
2/6/16 3:20 p.m.

Youch! Looks like they center punched the end of a concrete barrier or pole. Glad everyone is okay.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
2/6/16 3:24 p.m.
t25torx wrote: Youch! Looks like they center punched the end of a concrete barrier or pole. Glad everyone is okay.

Short version is the 49? Nash stalled, in the middle of the track, GRM ended in the back of it and then got punted by a 944 from behind making things much worse.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/6/16 3:48 p.m.

Eh, looks like with a new radiator and a sledge hammer it can be back out in an hour or two :)

Glad to hear you guys are all ok!

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/16 3:59 p.m.

Ow.

bentwrench
bentwrench Dork
2/6/16 4:02 p.m.

Crumple zone test?

ncjay
ncjay Dork
2/6/16 4:27 p.m.

I really don't think that one's gonna buff out.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
2/6/16 5:12 p.m.

Parts car, I'd say. Maybe not even all that many parts...

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/16 5:21 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy:

The wheels look useful.... Maybe.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
2/6/16 5:26 p.m.

Facebook says the Miata nose crunched on the diff of the C3 chassis that was under the Nash.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/16 5:27 p.m.

Interesting thing I learned is that the differential housing has a designed-in weakpoint so that a hard frontal will break it, so the drivetrain can shift backwards. FC RX-7s did not have a PPF so their housings don't need that weak point.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
2/6/16 5:29 p.m.

Just looked at FB and my friend Stef was driving the lead car in this mess. She says she's OK, just banged up.
Small world.

sergio
sergio Reader
2/6/16 5:32 p.m.

Good to hear everyone is alright. Too bad they ruined a nice looking car and a chance at a great finish.

Accidents like that is why I quit Lemons. There are too many crappy running cars with big speed differentials with the fast cars. I've seen many wrecks on straights!? The car count is another problem. It's not safe. Well it is safer than the freeway, because everyone has a cage and all the other safety gear.

I know the same kind of wrecks happen to the pros, look at Memo Gidley at Daytona, but we aren't pros or have their budgets.

Race on!

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
2/6/16 5:35 p.m.

WOW that's a big hit ... am I overstating the obvious ?

really glad everyone is ok ... who was driving ?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/6/16 6:19 p.m.

It's amazing how a modern car is designed to protect the occupants. Glad it turned out safe for everyone.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tobPnmPFw0zsagyYrTwVoOX32N2OcoWcJSoeQtHHdoI4RbD5KqrMJ3uYqCwi4Wjg