1 2
skierd
skierd SuperDork
7/7/18 11:24 p.m.

I’d get a Dodge Demon if you want something absurd or a Grand Cherokee SRT if you only want to be ridiculous. 

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
7/8/18 8:13 a.m.
02Pilot said:

This is GRM, so obviously the answer is sell everything and acquire as many Miatas as that money will buy.

You don't need more than a half dozen Miatas. Spend the rest on parts for when you get too optimistic with the boost

Flat six with the right intake and exhaust is tough to beat, if you are after a wicked soundtrack.  Turbo is like an extra muffler.  You get the blowoff valve sound, which is cool, but not as involving somehow.  Spin that big dial in the middle up a bit, the noise makes my heart race a bit. 

Porsche is apparently German for jinba ittai

Tk8398
Tk8398 Reader
7/8/18 8:47 a.m.

What about getting something like an e46 m3 or one of the more reliable but fairly cheap amg Mercedes (w210 or w211 e55, w203 c32 or c55, w202 c36 or c43, w208 or 209 clk55, etc)?  

Tk8398
Tk8398 Reader
7/8/18 8:58 a.m.
MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
7/9/18 9:07 a.m.
wearymicrobe said:
secretariata said:

Not that I can actually relate to your problem, but I like Option #4... wink

The wife really likes option 4.

Well she really likes me selling everything but the TBird and getting something comfortable with 4 doors but that is not going to happen.

There are a couple "something comfortable with 4 doors" options that, while not quite in Viper territory, would be plenty entertaining. Ones that come to mind include the M3 and M5, Cadillac CTS-V, and and the various AMG permutations of the Mercedes E-class.

Or, it may not have four doors, but how about this Camaro?

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/9/18 10:11 a.m.

Option #3

Fly out of SoCal and buy a new GT350R. Have something that is fast, comfy, and very track capable. 

Saves enough to still build the Exocet over the next few years?

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
7/9/18 11:06 a.m.

I was surprised at how quickly the Ferrari California has depreciated until I noticed used FF prices -- four year old examples have lost $150-$200K in value. Sucks for the owners who bought these Ferraris new, but a hell of a car for the money on the used market.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/9/18 11:58 a.m.

Motorcycle.

Park it on the patio.

Seriously.

Driven5
Driven5 SuperDork
7/9/18 2:01 p.m.

#4 if you have the time and energy for large scale projects...Although with more Porsche and less FCA.

#3 if you don't...and then transition back to #4 if and when that situation changes.

racerdave600
racerdave600 UltraDork
7/9/18 2:30 p.m.

If it were me and i had to daily the Viper, I think I would look at selling it and moving to something else.  My first thoughts are a new Corvette, Cayman, or M series BMW.  All are pretty comfortable and track capable.  In the case of the Corvette, it's probably a bit faster than a stock Viper.  

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/9/18 3:34 p.m.

Call Flyin' Miata and get a Habu?  Keith seems to think they're pretty DD-able :)

Driven5
Driven5 SuperDork
7/10/18 12:39 a.m.

In reply to WonkoTheSane :

...Not to mention cooler (IMHO) than just about anything relatively new available for less than 6-figures.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
7/10/18 9:03 a.m.
1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WWGOm7QT39p4BCCQWQlaKFgmCqUohhcr4MEmBuIeF1nVKtD1PVOxRhUq0nbAGLz4