Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
4/21/23 10:10 a.m.

If you promise your wife no more bikes after a bad wreck and you get divorced, no wife=no promise?

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/21/23 1:26 p.m.

Yeah I think that contract dissolved with the marriage, so you're in the clear. 

When do you get the milk crate for the rear rack?wink

Docwemple
Docwemple HalfDork
4/21/23 3:17 p.m.

Depends. My Ducati 916is addictive but at an hour otlr 2 at a time. My CBX  is audible glory but a big step down from the Duc. The GS is the .ost impressive as it's actually not bad at a track event with the right tires (I have a full ohlins suspension) and good on trails. 

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
4/21/23 5:25 p.m.

I tend to drink the Orange Kool Aid.  My current ride is an adventurized KTM 690 enduro.  You need a milk crate for sure, otherwise is it really a KLR?

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
4/21/23 7:55 p.m.

No. Crate.  Ever.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/23 8:11 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Logic checks out.

Motorcycles do wonderful things for (at least my) mental health, even after my mild wreck last autumn there was never any doubt or discussion about getting back on said iron horse for me. 

Getting back into riding is the best decision I've ever made, and I can't imagine ever not riding, so full support here! 

Great pick for a do-everything bike! Happy trails and keep the rubber side down! I'll be watching for updates. smiley

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
4/22/23 12:19 a.m.

The Jeep Cherokee of motorcycles.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
4/22/23 10:19 a.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Than is it really a klr?

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
4/26/23 7:08 a.m.

The high-end substitute for a milk crate on a KLR was a Rubbermaid "Action Packer" box. I don't think they make the proper size anymore. I have one, already drilled for the rack with mounting hardware. Too big to ship, but could be had for free if you pick it up here in PA.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
4/26/23 2:15 p.m.
docwyte said:

In reply to Justjim75 :

Than is it really a klr?

took them about 20 years to change from looking like an 80's dirt bike... then another 10+ years to goto a slightly newer version with EFI... chassis, suspension, and engine are still nearly identical... 

donalson
donalson PowerDork
4/26/23 2:18 p.m.
BoxheadTim said:

In reply to Justjim75 :

Logic checks out.

Motorcycles do wonderful things for (at least my) mental health, even after my mild wreck last autumn there was never any doubt or discussion about getting back on said iron horse for me. 

absolutely... I deal with depression and anxiety... i'm medicated but I still can tell the differnce on days that I commute to work in a car rather than ride... my commute is 30 miles across houston... my brain is far more awake when I get to work and I feel a lot better when I get home as well.

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
4/26/23 8:33 p.m.
  1. on the bank of the St Lawrence looking towards Canada 
Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
4/26/23 8:34 p.m.

northern VT

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
4/26/23 8:38 p.m.

and it's fabulous to smoke a guy half my age on a crf230 across a soupy pasture shooting a roost of grass and mud 40 feet.  No E36 M3, I jumped it already.   I was sore for days hahaha

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
InR5HogZoUNTu2XbeqaMx0TzW7IAwSikXnDHw5F5O2Bi6F2HnNlCJ1BhRbcD6nFm