1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 45
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/4/23 10:23 a.m.
MiniDave said:

Mine.....Official MINI Folding Bike. Great for toodling around the neighborhood, perfect for car shows or as a pit bike for race events. 8 speed shifter on the handle bars, easy to ride and very maneuverable. When folded it fits in either a MINI or a Mini!

If it really fits a Mini (not a MINI), that's impressive. 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/4/23 12:52 p.m.
spandak said:

My old Moto Guzzi. It's a rad little bike

Very pretty. I know next to nothing about Guzzis. Maybe it's time to learn.

EricM
EricM SuperDork
3/4/23 5:22 p.m.

PNW Loam XL

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
3/4/23 7:22 p.m.
spandak said:

My old Moto Guzzi. It's a rad little bike

We have similar machines!

They are a blast to ride.

Currently trying some mild knobbies, for some more adventurous riding.  Might be taking it out west for a few weeks with some friends on their KLRs.

New rock shock recon for the Marin. 

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
3/5/23 6:47 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

It fits in the back seat of my Mini, but it's a challenge to get it in there and back out.

spandak
spandak Dork
3/8/23 12:17 a.m.

In reply to foxtrapper :

Beautiful! What year?

Mine is a '82.  Picked it up a few years ago from a local older guy. 

What tires are those? I was looking for something like that but couldn't find anything in the right size. 

Early March riding, nice and slick. 

mfennell
mfennell HalfDork
3/8/23 8:43 a.m.

My Italian collection.  Somehow motorcycles got brought up in one of my 13yo daughter's classes.  She said something like "you, know Aprilia, Ducati, Bimota - like that".  All the other kids looked at her like she had 3 heads.  :)  

spandak
spandak Dork
3/9/23 12:10 a.m.

In reply to mfennell :

Raising her right!

mfennell
mfennell HalfDork
3/9/23 12:28 p.m.
spandak said:

In reply to mfennell :

Raising her right!

Hah.  I tried.  Got her a CRF50 when she was about 6.  She rode it around the yard perhaps 4 times.

I don't even have passenger pegs on my bikes that have a pillion seat.  That's a hard no.

Last night I was re-jetting the Bimota carbs (Keihin FCRs).  "Hey, want to come out to the garage and learn about carburetors?"  "Nah, I'm good".

Keith Tanner
3/9/23 12:59 p.m.
mfennell said:

Last night I was re-jetting the Bimota carbs (Keihin FCRs).  "Hey, want to come out to the garage and learn about carburetors?"  "Nah, I'm good".

She IS smart :)

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/9/23 1:21 p.m.

I bought this bike from Apis Millifera here on the forum. John Welsh picked it up for me on his way down to the $2015 Challenge and I picked it up from him there and brought it down from Gainsville in the trunk of my Mercedes. Sat for almost 8 years until I decided to get moving last month. 

I just put it together after paint in order to account for all the parts and buy the missing stuff. Amazingly you can buy almost any part. Now I need to remove the motor and send it out to get it rebuilt and refinished. 

Its a 1970 Honda CT70 K0 Trail. 

Keith Tanner
3/9/23 1:31 p.m.

In reply to Slippery :

Great blue.

mfennell
mfennell HalfDork
3/10/23 3:13 p.m.

That came out great!

EricM
EricM SuperDork
3/11/23 9:37 p.m.

in Knoxville Tennessee.  Baker creek, the sokno tavos

EricM
EricM SuperDork
3/11/23 9:38 p.m.

EricM
EricM SuperDork
3/13/23 4:36 p.m.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
3/15/23 11:05 a.m.
Brotus7 said:

I picked this guy up a couple months ago. I wanted something more suited for bike parks than my Intense Primer. On paper it's pretty similar, but the riding experience is entirely different. Ibis Ripmo AF with a 170mm DVO Onyx fork and DVO Jade rear coil.  Have about 300 miles on it so far. It pedals far better than a bike with this much travel or heft should ride, but it's noticeable more work than my Intense.  But on the super chunky DH runs, it's spectacular. Also makes for a great backup bike, or for the parks that are more freeride and less XC.

I picked this up in December when they were having crazy sales. 2022 IBIS Ripmo V2. I got it for 38% off MSRP. I have ridden it maybe 1/2 mile on my paved road. Trails around here wont open until probably mid-April. I cant wait to try it out. My first new bike, coming off a 2019 Stumpjumper EVO alloy. 

mfennell
mfennell HalfDork
3/15/23 12:32 p.m.

I like to pedal too.  My friends have been having too much fun on gravel w/o me.

It's an OBED GVR (https://obedbikes.com/collections/sale/products/gvr-sram-rival-xplr-etap-axs), sold by American Bicycle Group, who also own Litespeed and Quinatna Roo.  It's my first direct-to-consumer bike.  I picked it because I like their build-to-order model.  I pick color options, and there are several component choices.  I can also pick bar width, crank length, and stem length.  I've never ridden one but, realistically, are there any bad bikes these days?

It's my first etap bike and also my first with no visible cables of any kind.  That will make lowering the bars an absolute PITA if I want to.

Since I have a pic handy, here's my '21 Trek Supercal XX1.  Man, I love this bike.  I had a pretty built hard  tail S-WORKS (19.5lbs) but wanted something to take the edge off.  It's about 3lbs heavier but I'm faster everywhere on this bike.  It's just awesome.

First day in the 60's here, just put a fresh battery in the 701, perfect day for a ride through wine country!

The bike has a voltmeter I installed on the dash reading from the battery. The old battery was a Shorai lithium iron that got over-discharged several times late last year, so I figured best to replace it, and got another of the same. 13.2V, warm slightly-hazy sunshine, life is great!

I guess it wasn't (just)  the battery! About 35 miles from home (in a direction with mostly small twisty roads) with 12.7V and dropping, I turned back, running a gear or two lower than normal in hopes the higher revs might help charge. As I got into more-developed areas every traffic light saw another 10th of a volt drop. It just wasn't charging! As an EFI bike, there is a point where it doesn't have enough juice to run the pump/ECU/injectors, and then the party is over. That point is about 11V in my experience. The photo above is ~8 miles from home (over a range of hills) with 11.4V when I stopped. My understanding of lithium iron is that ~95% charge down to ~5% charge is remarkably flat, then it drops off a cliff, and my previous experience backs that up...so I was dialing for a tow when I said, no...I have tools, I'm smart and resourceful, I'm close, I'm riding home!

I disconnected the lights except high beam and brake light (low beam is biggest draw I can easily run without) planned my route with fewest traffic lights, highest-speed streets as directly as possible to the high point of the mini mountain-range between me and home. I watched the cycle of the lights I could see at the next intersection, timed my start carefully, clicked the key on, and with no headlight, saw 12.4V...and promptly took off. I kept the revs up, but not so high as to build excessive heat. I timed the lights and traffic to try and avoid stopping. I was glad I'm 6'2" sitting bolt upright wearing a hi-viz suit. I used hand signals to save the turn signal draw. I got to the top of the hills with 11.5V, popped her into neutral, and killed the ignition.

I coasted all of the last 2.4 miles, railing the corners as fast as I dared/traffic allowed, and only had to scooter away from one light I couldn't avoid! I don't think I even really held up anyone for more than a couple seconds! laugh Glad I know these twisty hilly streets like the back of my hand! I did go the wrong way up the sidewalk for the last  1.5 blocks once the one-way grid became inconvenient. laugh

Trickle charger is on the battery, and I guess I've got troubleshooting ahead of me.

mfennell
mfennell HalfDork
3/21/23 1:33 p.m.

Well done.  My Shorai has battery management circuitry that shuts down below a certain level.  I accidentally left the ignition on in my Bimota for several days (all the lights were off so it wasn't obvious) and the battery was reading 0V.  At that point, hooking a standard charger up does nothing.  IIRC, my trickle charger applied enough voltage to wake it up and start the recharging process.  I'm sure I took some life out of it but it has been fine since.

My Aprilia recently taught me that it's easy to miss a failing battery until it's completely wont-take-a-charge kaput when you have a kick starter.  It quit rolling up to a traffic light.  LCD screen dead.  Huh?  I was about to call my wife when it occurred to me to turn the lights off (as a Euro-spec bike, it has a switch).  The LCD snapped to life.  Sweet.  

The 701 is a sweet motor.

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

Looks like fun! \m/

In reply to mfennell :

Thanks, the 701 is sweet indeed! I envy the Euro-spec bikes with a headlight switch! I also recently sold my Aprilia, and have always lusted after a Bimota, so I envy your collection. smiley

1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 45

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5wFS7FlCMj1KI9mOZ0DXvbqyU7krdB1pOPaDzFc44JV52APa9CCnFgE4IkDhGhgB