1 2 3 4 5
Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
9/27/13 8:47 p.m.

When I ran the tool repair shop, the door to our washroom was in the lobby.

I took down the washroom sign and just put one up that said "employees only"

I just told the customers that we didn't have a washroom and they could use the one next door.

One day, a regular customer really had to go so I told him to use the door marked "employees only".

Afterwards he said "I've been coming here for five years and you never said you had a bathroom!"

I explained that I had discovered that most people don't seem to understand how to properly operate a washroom and that it was better for everyone involved if it remained secret.

He laughed and told me that he understood completely.

I managed to never have to clean a nasty work bathroom because of this.

Shawn

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/27/13 8:49 p.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote:

Infield at Daytona, except no beer bottles, toilet paper?, cigarette butts, chewing gum and the odd bear claw.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/27/13 9:21 p.m.

I always refer to the big stall as "the limo" .

FL is best for public poopin' because the building code requires a hand sink INSIDE every handicap stall.

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica Reader
9/27/13 9:26 p.m.

Every once in a while I think about making an app that lets you "browse" public restrooms and sort them based off of certain categories. Imagine paring down a list of possible lavatories by checking a few boxes like "Single Seater", "No Troughs", "Open Now", or "Full Length Dividers". What a great world that would be. Hell, piggyback the whole thing off of Google Maps or Yelp and you could have a real winner.

On the other hand, I should probably eat less street tacos and drink less beer...

There is a Charmin branded restroom app, but I don't think it will allow you to sort results out in categories like that.

fritzsch
fritzsch HalfDork
9/27/13 11:59 p.m.
kazoospec wrote: My pet peeve is work poopers. Not the emergency kind. Everybody has eaten bad Mexican food once or twice in their lifetime. I mean the on the clock, every day at the same time, heading to the stalls with a magazine work poopers. We have a few. If you are that regular, adjust your schedule and peel the wallpaper at home. The same group appears unfamiliar with the concept of the courtesy flush.

Get paid to poop, its a time tested strategy.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/13 1:17 a.m.
Max_Archer wrote: Reminds me of a truckstop near Sacramento I was at once. Went into the bathroom and in one of the toilets was a turd the general size and shape of an average adult man's forearm. Seriously, like 3"+ in diameter and 18" long. There was no paper in the toilet either, leading myself (and a friend who saw it later) to believe that whoever left it there was so impressed that he switched to another stall for the cleanup so that the monstrosity could remain on display.

Funny True story, When I was in College, I worked as a gas Jockey at a gas station (full service only in NJ) and I went to clean the bathroom and there was a turd in there that was as big around as my arm and circled the bowl 1 1/2 times.

I didn't know that much E36 M3 could safely rest in the human body or how it would expell something that size without making the E36 M3ter scream for mercy

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/13 8:52 a.m.
Mr_Estrotica wrote: Every once in a while I think about making an app that lets you "browse" public restrooms and sort them based off of certain categories. Imagine paring down a list of possible lavatories by checking a few boxes like "Single Seater", "No Troughs", "Open Now", or "Full Length Dividers". What a great world that would be. Hell, piggyback the whole thing off of Google Maps or Yelp and you could have a real winner.

Until you get that done here is a good rule of thumb from someone who has worked outside since I was about 10. The best public restrooms are generally in hotels, with The Four Seasons being the absolute best. Each stall bigger than my closet with a solid wood door. The worst are in White Castle. No matter what neighborhood you are in it will look like a crime scene. Sometimes I envy you folks in offices with a useable toilet in a known location.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/28/13 10:50 a.m.

I must admit to something: at the last LeMons I was staying an a buddy's motorhome. Nature called, I answered. Oh yes I flushed, but let's just say there was a certain 'air of distinction' remaining. Time to have a little fun...

About 45 minutes later my weekend roomie goes back to the MH for something and almost immediately comes flying back out screaming 'CURMUDGEON! YOU BASTARD!'.

mad_machine
9/28/13 11:00 a.m.

if we are admitting to things. Way back when I was first diagnosed with my intestinal issue and was on drugs to fix it and keep me "normal" I had some of the worlds most nasty gas.

One week when my mom and sis went up to my grandparents, my father and I gutted the bathroom to fix a rotting floor. While he was in the crawlspace, I put my butt over the hole where the toilet went and killed every bug in the crawlspace with the air that came out of me...

My father and I still laugh about it 30 years later

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
9/28/13 11:41 a.m.

What is so weird about brushing your teeth in the bathroom? Like, you're supposed to do it at your desk?

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
9/28/13 12:20 p.m.
Lesley wrote: What is so weird about brushing your teeth in the bathroom? Like, you're supposed to do it at your desk?

Yeah, I see people doing it all the time in my office - it's no big deal.

Wally
9/28/13 1:39 p.m.

I think some of it has to do with the condition of the bathroom. We have some where I wouldn't want my mouth open let alone expose my toothbrush to it.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
9/28/13 1:47 p.m.

I brush my teeth in airplane bathrooms all the time - you won't find a nastier E36 M3ter than those. You're pretty much guaranteed that there will be pee all over the floor.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/28/13 2:15 p.m.

Bad turbulence, huh?

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
9/28/13 3:31 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
poopshovel wrote: 2. berkeleyING_MEXICANS. PLUMINGO EN LOS ESTADODOS UNIDOS IS MUY berkeleyING BUENO, NUMBTARD! You don't leave your berkeleying E36 M3ty toilet paper on the floor OR in the trash, you nasty ass motherberkeleyers! I've fired people for that E36 M3.
I agree with your opinion, but this comment is really ignorant. First off, Mexicans aren't the only ones that do it. Secondly, Mexican's first name is NOT berkeleying. And their last name is not Numbtard. Thirdly, plumbing systems are not the same worldwide. There are many places where toilet paper clogs systems, so trash cans are kept nearby. When this is what you've learned as the "right way", and you've done it "right" for several hundred thousand ass wipes your entire life, it just might be that you need a little education. Have you ever tried a little OJT? Are you man enough to nicely explain to a grown man how to properly wipe his ass in your country, or do you just want to cuss them out and treat them like ignorant children on the internet? Pathetic. and Fourth, there are places in the world that YOU would be considered a "nasty ass motherberkeleyer" for not wiping your ass with corncob. Why the heck do you want to stick your hand up your butt with a thin little piece of tissue paper, then shake hands with someone as you come out? I don't chew you out often, Poopy, but this looks like you started tipping the bottle a little too early this evening.

Dude. I'm aware of your affinity for the "latinos" but you're being silly. You don't find wads of E36 M3-covered toilet paper on the floor disgusting?

I'm fully aware that Mexicans aren't the only ones who do it, and that they're used to horrible 3rd world plumbing, but the dudes whom I've had the displeasure of beating over the head trying to get them to understand that American plumbing is MUY berkeleyING BUENO were all Mexican. You'd tell them 20 times to flush the TP down the damned toilet, and they'd STILL drop it on the floor or stick it in the trash.

I don't live in someone else's third world country, therefore, it's irrelevant whether or not they see my using toilet paper as nasty ass motherberkeleyerism.

I wasn't drunk. I say "motherberkeleyer" and "retard," and every conceivable variation of each a lot, in case you haven't noticed. At least I'm berkeleying housebroken.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
9/28/13 3:34 p.m.

when in Rome...

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
9/28/13 3:35 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: I friggin' HATE these things:

The baths at Road Atlanta? How else am I supposed to clean up after a long day at the track!?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/29/13 3:50 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: You don't find wads of E36 M3-covered toilet paper on the floor disgusting?

Of course I do. It's disgusting, and that is a ridiculous comment. Did you miss the part where I said I agreed with your opinion?

Doesn't change that the comment was ignorant and disrespectful, and defending it is foolish.

I'm fully aware of how you speak- the language doesn't bother me at all. I also respect your ability to use your intellect in a manner that is superior to comments like these.

But far be it for me to argue with a guy named Poop in a thread about E36 M3.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
9/29/13 4:13 p.m.

Ah Wrigley.

Crash dive.

bikerbenz
bikerbenz New Reader
9/29/13 4:59 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec: I worked with many like that too. I called them out on it and they have a saying "you don't e36m3 at home and you don't sweat at work"

mad_machine
9/29/13 6:59 p.m.

For what it is worth, at the Borgata, we farm out the contract for putting the good chairs and tables for parties in the event centre to "The party people". They drive down from Upstate NJ in several box trucks, and put eveything together for us. It's worth the price not to store several thousand rather fragile chairs.

Anyway, these guys, most of hispanic descent, the first thing they do when they get here and head to the employee restroom in the event center's back hallway. Once they are done, you cannot go in there until it get's cleaned. They completely destroy it

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
9/29/13 8:17 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
poopshovel wrote: You don't find wads of E36 M3-covered toilet paper on the floor disgusting?
Of course I do. It's disgusting, and that is a ridiculous comment. Did you miss the part where I said I agreed with your opinion? Doesn't change that the comment was ignorant and disrespectful, and defending it is foolish. I'm fully aware of how you speak- the language doesn't bother me at all. I also respect your ability to use your intellect in a manner that is superior to comments like these. But far be it for me to argue with a guy named Poop in a thread about E36 M3.

Disrespectful? Sure. I'm not a fan of the scourge that's brought violence, drugs, disease, child-prostitution, non-english speaking kids that drag the smart kids down, and a horrible financial burden to our great state. I don't have an ounce of respect for that culture.

Ignorant? Nope. I've been in the damned trenches. It's not like I'm sitting in my palatial manor with stacks of mommy-daddy money passing judgement. I know you're not either. We've obviously had different experiences though.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/29/13 8:47 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Disrespectful? Sure. I'm not a fan of the scourge that's brought violence, drugs, disease, child-prostitution, non-english speaking kids that drag the smart kids down, and a horrible financial burden to our great state. I don't have an ounce of respect for that culture.

Huh, I respectfully agree to disagree. I do love me some violence, drugs, disease, child-prostitution, and whatever else you are going to drag thru the mud. Except for the E36 M3ting on the floor part. That is just nasty.

Wally
9/29/13 9:33 p.m.

Travis_K
Travis_K UltraDork
9/29/13 11:09 p.m.
stanger_missle wrote: A few thoughts: My first job was at a video/music/book store. I was a cashier who usually worked the closing shift. On night while checking the men's bathroom, I find a damn Picasso of human feces on the stall wall. Really? You took the time to smear your own (hopefully your own ) dookie the wall (there was a lot)? I hope you never procreate!

Its surprising how often this seems to happen, plus streaks across the mirrors above the sink, happy faces drawn on the walls, etc.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zMQnmyb3JYG6T8YFUMGsK6mPCTh5rVDRPuHsI09ViCnQ6oYmoJQhrwPqGEC50lO2