Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
3/6/16 1:45 p.m.

I'm looking for experience with sites or apps that we can use to help share pics from One Lap here while on route.

Basically, I want to be able to upload pictures from my phone to a cloud somewhere, then be able to copy the image address from those pictures so I can post them here.

Today I tried google photos and Amazon prime photos, neither will do what I'm looking for apparently, or I just haven't figured them out.

Ideas?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/6/16 1:55 p.m.

Dropbox will do it. Easy upload and it'll give you a link, but you have to tweak it to show the picture directly instead of a link to the picture.

Change https://www.dropbox.com/s/xx5s4ubji6tofs4/Photo Mar 04, 22 12 05.jpg?dl-0

to https://www.dropbox.com/s/xx5s4ubji6tofs4/Photo Mar 04, 22 12 05.jpg?raw=1

And it'll hotlink just fine.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
3/6/16 2:44 p.m.

If you don't mind paying for it - smugmug.com is awesome.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/6/16 3:06 p.m.

WordPress is wonderful. It'll upload your media to your WordPress site and put the URL in your clipboard with minimal effort.

Klayfish
Klayfish UberDork
3/6/16 3:22 p.m.

Most of my pictures are on Photobucket and I have no problem putting them here. Dropbox also works.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
3/6/16 3:33 p.m.

I don't ever have any problems with photobucket, many do though...probably cause no one is looking at my pictures

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/6/16 6:24 p.m.

Photobucket is my go to hosting site, and I link a ton of pictures. I pay $30 a year to get rid of adds, for extra bandwidth, and 30 gig of storage. Their mobile app does a pretty good job also. I've got 3-4 thousand images on there now.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
3/6/16 8:23 p.m.

Imgur is my go-to. Unlimited storage, dead-simple interface, fast, and accessible from everything.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/6/16 8:37 p.m.

Photobucket USED to be the best option, and still works well on a Laptop, but their mobile App is useless on the iPhone and not very good on other platforms.

I have looked and looked for a mobile app option that allows you to upload and then grab a link that works on this board, but none exist. The best you can do is having to grab and then edit code, pretty PITA.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/16 7:48 a.m.

+1 for imgur

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/7/16 8:43 a.m.

+2 for Imgur.

Ross413
Ross413 Reader
3/7/16 8:47 a.m.

+3 for Imgur

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
3/7/16 8:50 a.m.

+4 Imgur.

Also 2 out of 2 Ross' approve of Imgur.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/2/23 9:09 p.m.

Blast from the past. Thanks, Suddards for allowing hosting in the board. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/23 7:48 a.m.

I'm usually posting in multiple locations and uploading to multiple sites is a pain. I'd rather do it once and link it. My Photobucket account is still up and running fine but my primary host site has been Smugmug for several years. It's pretty flawless. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2SIMuGjoYQTiaaNi2NVjKJg0W6bLbtTx56Sj4jYcoPERNIXS9YCQgGmYOUT0rLwN